Your breath hitched in pure disgust and disbelief. Resisting the temptation to claw at Taehyung's face, you clenched your fists tightly and asked,
"Why?"

It was as if you were standing in an empty room. Your voice bounced off the walls of the apartment and it fell silent.

"Because I wanted to,"

At this point, you felt yourself clenching your jaw, trembling in anger.

The audacity.

"How could you? He was your best friend, you filth." You seethed through clenched teeth.

Then you realised.

Jimin.

He was the one who took care of me while my cheating boyfriend couldn't be bothered, even though he was hurting the same.
No wonder he was so adamant on having me break up with Taehyung.

Because he didn't want me to feel the pain he was feeling.

But before you could do anything, Taehyung broke your train of thoughts.

"It doesn't matter now, babe. All I care about is us getting back together. Jimin doesn't fucking matter—"

Slap.

You looked at Taehyung incredulously with tears in your eyes. How could he?

"Jimin doesn't matter?" It was as if your brain was playing tricks on you. You hoped to God that you heard wrong.

Taehyung squinted in both confusion and annoyance, "Babe, what the fuck are you going on about? That's not the point." He tried to grab your arms but you just backed away from him slowly.

You were scared. You didn't know the person Taehyung had become, he changed so much since the first time you met him and you wondered what was it that had gone terribly wrong.

"No, it's not about us anymore.

Who was the one you ran to whenever we fought? Who was the one who let you into his house the night you got chased out by your parents? Who was the one who practically begged your parents to forgive you and take you back in? And then when you asked to stay at mine, Jimin even offered to pay for your living expenses.
Whenever you were drunk off your ass in the club, Jimin was the one who drove you back no matter how tired he was.
What's more ridiculous was that he was the one who was here cleaning up the mess you made, comforting me when you were with another girl.
It's bad enough that you don't appreciate the great friend he is, but to sleep with his girlfriend and have the audacity to fucking say that he does not matter?

You're a fucking piece of shit."

Taehyung scoffed.
"You're defending him?"

Rolling his eyes, he muttered, "I'm your boyfriend, not him."

"What boyfriend?" You croaked, tears filled your eyes and your vision blurred.

Silence engulfed the room again. You could hear Taehyung suck in a deep breath.

"You call yourself my boyfriend when you sleep around with other girls whenever you want? When you leave me alone at home, crying myself to sleep every single night, while you're out there partying? When someone else is here taking care of me and telling me everything's okay when you were the cause of all this?"

Taehyung stared at the floor and for once, he did not know what to say.

"Get out of my house." You whispered, loud enough for him to hear.

"What?" He asked, perplexed at this entire situation.

"You heard me. Get the hell out of my house." You were shaking in disgust at how Taehyung did not feel a slight tinge of remorse for doing such things to not just anyone, but the person who treated him like he was family.

"You're fucking kidding."

You let out a bitter laugh.

How you wish you were. Because if all this was a joke, you wouldn't be breaking up with Taehyung because he slept with Jimin's girlfriend. This soap opera-like situation wouldn't be happening.

"Babe, it doesn't have to be like this. We can just forget anything happened and I'll stop seeing her, okay? I'll come back home and I'll treat you better, I promise." Taehyung inched towards you and took your forearm in his hand, squeezing it as his way of reassuring you.

Promise?

Your cold eyes met his pleading gaze. You could hear his short but heavy breaths. He was anxious, scared even.

"How do you expect me to forget the fact that you cheated on me?" You asked shakily, prying his fingers off of you. "And to make a promise we both know you can't keep? I think you're too far up your own ass to realise we'll just be wasting each other's time."

Taehyung's lips pressed into a thin line, he was processing what you just told him because really, it wasn't like you to not forgive him.

"We're living together fine so it's not a waste, I can fix this. Please.. please don't break up with me, Babe."

Your lips pressed into a thin line.

"But isn't love all about finding the one you can't live without? All this time, haven't you realised that you were just tolerating my presence? You didn't come home because you felt like this was our home,

you came home because you had nowhere else to go."

+

(a/n) lmao sorry for leaving this hanging again for so long. don't kill me please. pls comment bcs i love you guys' reactions hahahah but pls also rmb this is just a story cos sometimes i feel like you're scolding me in your comments ;-; anyway.. i hope you guys enjoyed this one! x
(a/n #2) hi guys actually i wrote another 2 chapters & they're in draft mode rn, i'll be updating once i reach 1/2k views for this chapter :)