Chapter 12- Chase

Narrator:

Is it odd to feel awkwardness after you kissed? Is it normal that when your in the same room with that 'someone' after you kissed to feel tension and silence slowly eating you away? Even if you've known each other for so long and you shown some proof of love and that your still wondering if that love is true? Those questions circled the minds of Robin and Starfire. Minutes of deadly silence with only whispers of tension. Tension. So badly wishing the two can fulfill and please themselves but with no luck, the tension still clung so badly to the minds of the two, urging them to fulfill their wishes. Both thought of the night to come and attempted to think and expect the unexpected.

Both of their thoughts were broken when Starfire got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen. Almost no words were said for their words were locked into their thoughts, their god forbidding thoughts.

"What are you doing?" Robin managed to croak out.

"I am making the hot cocoas. Would you wish for some, Robin?" Replied Starfire.

"Uh yeah sure." Robin said.

Starfire was now making hot cocoa for them two. The tension was getting to her, it was bad. She didn't completely understand the whole 'tension' thing but she knew it had to do with 'it'. As for Robin well he couldn't sit in one place. The tension was also getting to him and it was coming down on him like a deadly flu. If you had to say who was most at the mercy at the tension, it was Robin. He was at constant war with himself.

'No Robin you can't be with Starfire. Slade is out there somewhere and he knows your friends are your weakness. But a girlfriend? Ha. No. I can't put her in more danger than she already is.' Robin thought to himself.

Robin was still seated while Starfire was steaming the milk on the stove. The tension increasing.

'No! No Robin! You can't be with her, please don't put her in danger... Oh god the tension.' His mind hissed.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Starfire added the cocoa powder to the steaming hot milk. She wondered what Robin was thinking, more importantly what was she going to say? She was lost at words from what had happened earlier. Maybe she should - wait. She's not experienced at relationships. Robin has been in more relationships than her and Starfire can easily be compared to Virgin Mary if you know what I mean.

"Robin?" Asked Starfire from the kitchen.

Robin was caught of guard.

"Huh? Oh ah yeah, Star?"

"Do you wish to have the whipped cream and the marshmallows?" Asked Starfire.

"Oh ah, yeah sure."

And with that Robin got up and began heading his way to Starfire. Starfire got nervous, what was he going to do? Starfire had the pressured whipped can cream [idk what to call it😁] in hand to put it into the hot cocoa. Robin stepped behind her and Starfire's heart raced, but why not have some fun? Starfire turned around immediately and she was pinned between the counter and Robin. But Starfire smirked and pressed the tip of the whipped cream can and it shot out at Robin. Robin was shocked and stammered back while Starfire ran off trying to get away from a pissed Robin.

"Starfire!" Yelled out Robin. "She's ganna get it." He smirked.

Robin grabbed a can of whipped cream and ran after Starfire.

Starfire ran down the hall. Where to run? Where to hide? She lifted up and flew toward the ceiling. Maybe into the attic? Footsteps. He's coming. She must go distract him to go somewhere else then come up and hide. She landed back on the ground and ran further down the hall. She felt a rope grab her foot and pull her back. She tried to lift herself up and off the ground but with no avail. She was going into her whipped cream doom.