Chapter 35- Nova

Another meeting. Just great. Another two or three hours of being ignored. Or at least thats what Robin thinks what would happen.

He even thought of letting Starfire go and do her royal duties on her own. She seems to have it all under control, and whenever Robin offered his help she simply ignored it and said something like, "The people of my planet will not follow opinions or orders from an Earthling."

Like jeez, talk about racist to the extreme. Only about two days until the great bat arived.

Great, Robin thought. Can't wait to see how he is going to screw my team over.

So Robin was hoping that they'd leave this dry planet behind tomorrow. But of course they would have to find a way to leave at the very last minute of time to just about make it to Titan's Tower on time.

Bruce doesn't exactly like waiting, especially when it comes to Robin.

As for two days ago when Starfire kissed him on the cheek... Well he hadn't thought much about it. It was a thank you. And honestly, he hadn't had the time for that added stress. The Batman, the Scarecrow, Slade, like jeez woah. Add Starfire in the mix and she'd be the real monster. Like seriously, Robin would never wanna be on her bad side.

I mean it had to be a thank you thing right? Too much stuff was going on and Robin figured he wouldn't deal with it.

Okay maybe he did get a few butterflies, okay maybe a lot. But that didn't matter. It meant nothing, it was just a thank you, European style. Yeah, that's what it was.

Plus at the moment Robin had to keep himself from punching some 'important' Tameranian official when he went to this, hopefully last, meeting.

He has absolutely no idea what is going on. Was he on the winning side? The losing? Was there still riots? Would Star have to get married?

It'd help a butt ton if Starfire would just get me a translator or explain me the stuff afterwards, Robin growled in his mind.

He wore a black blazer with a red dress shirt, matching black dress pants and of course his mask. He had to admit, he thought he looked smashing.

Never does he think of himself as handsome, he always questioned why the girls in Jump would often send him fan mail and less to the others. And girls from Gotham even sent stuff over for him.

Why would they like an awkward, tough as nails guy? The connection never fit in Robin's head. But today Robin admitted to himself as he stared at the mirror, that maybe the guy in the mirror was what people saw. Not that it'd matter at all, he's going to be ignored for the next three hours.

Just three days ago him and Starfire were running off to Tamaran to fix her planetary issues, just three days ago she would even speak to him normally. Now she ignored him, came to him when she needed comfort then leave. Well yeah, Robin did come for moral support, but he didn't expect to be treated as a homeless man in the streets of a run down city. Now he was the one that needed moral support.

Not that he was sad or scared, but he was furious. Everyone, the locals, the royal employees, Starfire, treated him like he was nothing. No one even gave him a single update on what the hell was going on. Whenever he tried to ask Starfire she would simply say, "It is complicated."

And right after dinner they'd have this stupid meeting which would mean nothing to Robin if he was ignored like usual. He brushed off some fuzz of his blazer and checked his dress shoes for any discrepancy. He grabbed his communicator and placed it on the inside pocket of his blazer.

He also grabbed a set of six birdarangs and tucked them in, along with his retractable bo staff. He only brought six birdarangs because he can always fuse two of them together to form a staggering twenty four inch sword. He rarely uses it as it can be very deadly, as far as he knows he only used it thrice.