Chapter 16- Draining Powers for Power

Robin's P.O.V.

I was griping the edge of the table so tightly that my fingers were beginning to numb. Anger and worry grew inside of my body, slowly engulfing me. I looked up at the screen desperately, hoping that Starfire would pop back and say it was a joke and that she was ok and happy. But it was real, an actual psychopath hurt Starfire just so I can join him; it was so real and realistic that I didn't believe it, because I didn't want to. My body shook slightly. I felt as if someone took one of the cords from my life support so I can just suffer and struggle to survive.

Raven wasn't usually discussed or shocked, but she hid her face behind her cape during most of the ordeal. Beastboy was sobbing quietly while shielding his eyes, and Cyborg would occasionally rub his eyes to shield them for few seconds. As for me I pulled a brave face, I didn't look away at all, I didn't think I blinked either, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't close to tears.

"I," my voice cracked but I continued."I have to join him, only way to keep her safe..."

"No Robin, if you join him no one's ganna be safe. We have to come up with a plan." Raven said with a look of concern.

I clenched my fists. This entire thing was my fault. Also, coming up with a plan was going to be hard, especially since we have no clue where she was. I just wanted her here, safe and sound. Knowing that I will wake up in the morning seeing her bright smile. Being able to go to the roof with her and talk, carry her to bed when she falls asleep on the couch. But I couldn't do that, not anymore. Even if we do get her back will she ignore me? It was my fault this happened... If only I hadn't made her wish to run away...

I turned and faced the Titans. I slowly examined out current condition. Beastboy was sitting on a chair at the breakfast table and he still had tears streaming down his cheeks but he looked up at me for awaiting orders, as if he wasn't crying at all. Cyborg was pacing around the room with his hands on his head and his eyes shut tight, he was breathing deeply, I'm assuming to calm himself down. Raven was waiting for my orders and tried to focus on me, but her powers would zap and melt things around her. As for me... well... I feel lost, broken, depressed... but most of all I felt anger, a need to destroy, a need for revenge , the exact same feelings I got when my parents died. I now have another ,stronger, reason to bring Slade to justice, and in my opinion his justice was death. He has caused too much havoc in Jump City. Who am I kidding? He has caused too much havoc in MY life. I thought again about my team's condition, and long story short we are a complete mess.

"Look... Ah...I-I...," I stuttered. "We can train harder and uh...," the anger built in my system, then I finally broke. "Who the fuck am I fucking kidding?! We... Us... God damn it, I'm fucked up right now! I-I just can't... I swear if I see him one more time in my life!" I finished while I collapsed on the couch while burying my face into my hands, thinking of a plan to save Star.

The whole team looked at me in shock. I often never really swore out loud... I only swear in a whisper to myself or in my head. I just felt that the entire world was falling apart and I was failing at gluing it back together. I clenched my fists and looked up at my worried teammates, the rage continuing to grow inside me.

I stood up and walked up to the ops. Technically this is the ops room but we call it a living room, seems more normal. I began typing into the ops computer. I was trying to pinpoint the location that Starfire's communicator went offline. The computer automatically opened up a map of Jump City and began scanning it. The Titans crowded around while I crossed my arms across my chest. We waited patiently until the computer buzzed, signaling she wasn't in Jump City. I stood their wide eyed at the computer screen, hoping she wasn't too far. The computer continued to scan the suburbs. I kinda wished she was within the perimeters of the city, but if not then I truly do hope she's at least in the suburbs. The suburbs is already and hour away from where we are... And if something happens we won't be there in time. The computer buzzed agian, signaling she wasn't there either. At this point my hands were on my head, trying to stay calm and not think to much, because my mind is where my true nightmares come from and sometimes I think that if I think about them... They might come true. The computer then began scanning somewhere else until it began beeping. I looked down at the screen, using the mouse to examine the area.