Chapter 5 - Adrenaline

It was time for Face Off Download to commence and the challenge was stacking cups.  

"Basically all we have to do is stack all of our cups and then dash to our chairs." Cel said smugly glancing over at me.

He then continued by saying "Last week Richard lost the game and got the red shirt but who is going to this week?" 

The claxon sounded and adrenaline rushed through my body.  I panicked so much that anxiety hit me. I rushed through the cups freaking out because I only had one minute. Halfway through I had a panic attack - my skin felt stuck to me like the glue I once sponsored and I couldn't breathe. Cel and Richard were already sat down so it was just George, me and the other girls. A tear rolled down my cheek like a rain droplet trickling down a window. George knew something was up so he stacked his last cup and headed over to me. Shannon raced over to her chair and Dionne followed.  

"What's wrong Alicia?" He asked worried about me. 

"I'll speak to you about it in private." I reply. 

"Go sit down so you ain't losing." George replied in his cute Essex accent. 

I walk over to my chair in suspicion as I can see Shannon whispering over to Dionne. 

-----------------------------------------

When the download is over, George asks a woman from the crew if he can have a private moment with me. 

"Lovers chat init?" The woman asks thinking she is funny.

"No seriously I need a private talk with this one and it's nothing to do with our relationship." He replies slightly frustrated. 

"Ok go on then." She replies back. 

We walk off into backstage and when we arrive, George turns to me. 

"What's really wrong?" He asked sympathetically. 

"I had a panic attack." I reply eyes welling up with tears. 

"Don't think you're the only one that goes through it because I go through it too." He replies. 

I then start crying waterfalls out of my eyes. 

"Come here." He cries as he pulls me towards him and starts hugging me. 

I cry onto his shoulder while embracing him. I lift my head off his shoulder and see that tears are rolling down his cheeks. He then continues the hug and he strokes the back of my head, combing his hands through my hair. 

"I'll be there when you need me babe." He added. 

He then pulls me out of the hug and kisses my lips. 

"What's going on here?" I hear a familiar voice say. 

I turn around and notice Shannon standing there with her arms crossed. 

"You didn't get a moment to make out." She continued. 

"I was just comforting her." George replies. 

"Yeah right." Shannon replies back. 

"Oh whatever." George says to Shannon. 

"You are only jealous of me." I say to Shannon shaking with fear. 

"Me jealous of someone who is stupid as fudge, don't think so." Shannon shouts at me. 

"My girlfriend isn't stupid, she is beautiful." George shouts back. 

"Beautiful, you must be having a laugh." Shannon shouts even louder than before. 

We tried getting out of the studios before Shannon could say anything else. George and myself then travelled over to his place in Essex. 

--------------------------------

When we got there, he knocked on the door and a teenage girl with blonde hair who looks like George opened it. It was his sister Lydia.

"Hi you must be Alicia." She said as she welcomed me and her brother in. 

"Yes it is." I reply. 

We walk down the hallway and into the living room where we see his dog Dougie sprint up to us. He jumps up at George's knees and George strokes him. His dad and other sister are sat on the sofa watching TV but his sister (who is called Ruby)  is focused more on her mobile phone than the television. 

"George is that your girlfriend?" His dad asks him. 

"She certainly is." He replies. 

"Good for you son." George's dad replies back. 

"I'm going upstairs now with her." George says to his dad. 

"Okay, your mum is baking so expect some scrumptious treats to eat." His dad replies. 

We head upstairs together hand in hand. 

[ DISCLAIMER : I'm not trying to make Shannon seem like a bad person it's just I'm adding a bit of action/drama to this book. In real life she is probably really nice and nothing like in this book.]