Chapter 13

We stop near some trees. Luke tells the driver to pick us up at 9:00. Good thing it's the weekend, so I don't have  to go to school tomorrow and be tired.
    Luke hesitates for a bit before grabbing my hand. My cheeks start to burn and I try not to blush. He leads me over a bridge towards a gazebo.
    We sit at a table set laid out in the gazebo. The table is a circular cement table, with long, curly legs with roses carved in them, the chairs matching. Only then do I notice Luke has his backpack on. He pulls out a meal of spagetti and meatballs and sets it on the table.
    "Ooh, how romantic," I say while trying not to giggle.
    "I'm glad you like it," he says with a smirk on his face. We both die of laughter.
    "How did you put this all together?"
    "Well, I- uh- well- it's kind of a long story,"
    "So are you going to tell me how?"
    "It's kind of boring, but it was A LOT of money, I just saved it up all for you."
    "How much money was it?"
    "I..can't remember but it's not important. I'm just glad you like it."
    "This is literally my dream date, how would you know exactly what to do?"
    "Well, I asked Farrah, but I took what she said and made it better."
    "Well this is awesome!"
    He pulls out a chair for me and I sit down. He takes two plates and puts an equal amount of spagetti on each one.
    "So.. uhm," he takes a breath of air. "Wouldyoupossiblymaybewanttobmygirlfriendifyousaynothatsokayiwontbe-"
    "Luke, I don't understand what your saying," I laugh. "Could you maybe slow down?"
     "Oh, heheh um.." he gets down on one knee. "Will you marry me?"
    HAHA!!! JUST KIDDING!! Here's what he really asked:
     "Aimee, would you be my girlfriend?"