Trading News - James Wright (Requested)

It had been a pretty stressful few weeks for you. Your fiancé James was in Russia playing hockey in the KHL. You had been with James since you were both fifteen, and he proposed to you four months ago when you told him that you were pregnant again. The two of you decided to wait until after your baby was born to plan a wedding. Things were pretty crazy, and James was a little worried about leaving you alone at home with your three year old son and your four month old baby bump. You insisted that everything was alright and that if you needed anything, your sister lived a half an hour away. You had been doing pretty well at holding down the fort for the last month while James was away. James was going to be coming home any day now, and you were getting your son Adam ready for lunch. Just as you were getting him situated, your phone started ringing.

You picked up after sitting Adam at the table. "Hello?" you said.

"Hey beautiful." James' voice came over the phone.

"Hey how are you?" you asked him, smiling.

"I'm tired. I have good news though." He said.

"Oh, yeah? What's your good news?" you asked, getting Adam his sandwich and pretzels.

"I'm coming home tomorrow. I know it's a little early, but it'll all make sense when I get home and tell you some even bigger news." He said.

You smiled and sat with Adam. "Babe, that's amazing. I've got some big news for you too. We can have a news trade when you get home. Do you want me to pick you up at the airport?"

"No, I'll get a cab it's fine. How's little man?" he smiled.

"He's good, just eating lunch now. Do you wanna talk to him?" you asked.

"Yeah, put him on." He smiled.

You handed the phone to Adam and helped him hold it to his ear. "Daddy?" Adam smiled.

"Hi buddy. I miss you." James said.

"Miss you too." Adam said. "You coming home?" he asked.

James smiled and answered. "I'll be home when you wake up tomorrow. I gotta go, but I'll see you tomorrow okay? I love you."

"Love you too daddy." He said and handed you the phone.

"So when will you get in?" you asked James.

"I should be in by eight." James said. "I need to get some sleep, but I'll see you tomorrow okay? I love you."

"I love you too. Bye."

You hung up the phone and spent the rest of the day with Adam. You got him into bed and you laid down yourself. The next day, you were playing with Adam after breakfast and watching his favorite cartoon. As you played, the front door opened and James walked in with his bags.

"I'm home." He said, smiling.

"Daddy!" Adam said and ran over to James, jumping into his arms.

"Adam! I missed you so much. You're almost as tall as me." He joked, holding Adam in his arms.

"No daddy." Adam giggled.

You walked over and smiled. "Welcome home, daddy." You said.

"Hello gorgeous." He winked and kissed you lovingly. "You look beautiful."

You smiled and kissed him back. "You look handsome." You winked. You carried his bags to the bedroom while he sat with Adam, talking some.

You grabbed a small box from the dresser in your room and came downstairs to sit with James. He was tickling Adam and making him laugh, and when he saw you, he told Adam that he and mommy were going to have a talk in the kitchen. Adam sat and played with his blocks while James stood up and held his arms out.

You walked over and hugged him as tight as you could, but not too tight. "I'm so glad you're home." You said into his shoulder.

"I am too. Let's go talk." He smiled and kissed your head, walking you into the kitchen.

You sat on one of the chairs and let James sit next to you. "Alright you first or me first?" you asked him.

"You." he smiled. "What's this box?" he asked.

"Well this is the news." You said and handed it to him. "Open." You smiled.

James smirked and opened the box. Inside were a tiny pair of crocheted ice skates, and a pink onesie that said "Daddy's Hockey Girl" on the front. He looked at them for a moment and then it clicked with him. "Wait does this mean..."

You smiled and nodded. "It's a girl." You said.

James smiled and hugged you, kissing your cheek. "I can't believe this. We've got a daughter on the way." He said, pulling back to kiss you. "It's a girl." He smiled.

You smiled and kissed back, rubbing his cheek. "It's a girl." You said and hugged him again.

After you two celebrated for a few minutes, you nudged his arm. "Alright, what's the news?" you smiled.

James smiled. "Well it's nothing compared to your news." He joked. "I've been sent to the Sound Tigers in the AHL." He said.

You smiled and kissed his cheek. "Babe that's great! At least now you won't be going as far, right?"

He nodded and kissed you gently. "Your news was so much cooler." He winked.

"It's equally as cool. I'm glad you're home, James." You said sincerely.

He smiled and nodded, rubbing your back. "I am too. I love you." he said and kissed you gently.

"I love you too." You said, kissing back.

The three of you spent the rest of the day together, and later on that evening, James made the announcement about the baby's gender on twitter. You sat with James while Adam slept on his lap and were more than happy to have your family all together.