Dinner and a Movie - Michael Latta/Caroline (Contest)

To say that Caroline was nervous for her date with Michael Latta would be an understatement. She ran into Michael at a charity event, and they ended up talking and hitting it off. Not long after that, Michael asked her on an official date which gave her the most butterflies she had ever felt. When the two had talked before their date, Caroline had mentioned that big dates made her nervous. Michael thought up the perfect date so that Caroline would be comfortable with him.

Around five, Caroline drove to the address that Michael text to her. When she got there, she felt butterflies in her stomach again. She walked up to the door and knocked gently, pushing her curled hair back as she waited.

Michael opened the door and smiled at her. "Hey, you look absolutely stunning." He said.

She blushed and smiled. "Thank you. You look pretty handsome yourself." She said.

"Come on in." he said and held her hand gently.

She smiled and stepped inside. "This is a really nice house." She said, looking around.

"Well thank you. Would you like the tour?" he asked.

"I would love the tour." She smiled.

Michael gave her the tour of the house and showed her all around. It was a beautiful house, and Caroline loved seeing where he kept his memorabilia, awards, and special items from his hockey career. When the tour was over, Michael led her back to the living room.

"So, I was thinking that we could have dinner and a movie night here." Michael smiled.

"That sounds perfect." Caroline said. "What should we have for dinner?"

"Well I was hoping you liked stuffed chicken and pasta." Michael smiled. "I bought that to cook for us." He said.

"That sounds delicious." She smiled. "Is there anything I can help you with?" she asked.

"Hm..." he smiled. "You can sit there and look pretty." He winked.

"Oh I'll try." Caroline teased.

Michael walked her into the kitchen and got her situated at the table. He got her a glass of champagne and started cooking their dinner. As he cooked, he got to know Caroline better, and she got to know him as well. They found out that they had a lot of things in common, which helped make Caroline feel more comfortable around Michael. By the time they finished dinner, her nerves were completely gone. She helped him with the cleanup, and then walked into the living room with him.

"So what movies should we watch?" she asked.

"Lady's choice." He smirked, sitting next to her on the couch. He handed her the remote so she could flip through the movies he had.

She picked her favorite and relaxed with Michael on the couch. "This is really nice, it's calm and cool." She said.

"Well I know you said you get nervous with bigger dates." Michael smiled. "I wanted you to be as comfortable as possible."

"Well I am." She smiled. "Thank you for thinking about my comfort." She added.

"Anytime." He smiled. "Would you still be comfortable if I put my arm around you?" he asked shyly.

"Yes." Caroline smiled.

Michael put his arm around her shoulders and she rested against him. After she felt more comfortable, she put her head on his shoulder gently. The pair watched movies for a few hours, and talked between the movies. During the last movie, Caroline started to doze off on Michael's shoulder. Not long after that, Michael fell asleep with his cheek resting on her head.

The next day, Caroline woke up curled under a blanket with Michael's arms around her. She smiled softly and sat up slowly, trying not to wake him up. As soon as she sat up, Michael hummed in his sleep, his eyes fluttering open.

"Morning." He smiled up at her.

"Good morning." She smiled back at him. "I'm sorry for crashing out." She said, pushing her hair back.

"Don't apologize. It was a great ending to the night." He smiled.

"It was." She said softly. "I should head home, and you should head to practice." She said, patting his leg gently.

"Yeah I guess so. Even though I'd much rather stay here with you." he smiled.

"Me too." She said and stood up with him.

Michael got his hockey back and got changed into some workout clothes. He came downstairs and walked Caroline out to her car, dropping his bag into his car as he walked by. They got to her car and he smiled, holding her hands gently.

"I had a really nice time last night." He said.

"I did too, Michael. It was a really great night." She smiled.

"I'd love to do it again." Michael smiled. "And again...and again." He teased.

"I'd like that too." She smiled. "I have a lot of fun with you."

"I do too." He smiled. "I have to get going, but I'll call you later okay? Maybe we can get lunch after practice." He suggested.

"That sounds like a plan to me." She smiled. "Thanks again, Michael."

"Thanks for coming." He said and bit his bottom lip. "Um...can I uh..."

Before Michael could finish his question, Caroline placed a gentle kiss on his lips, which he returned.

"Sorry." She said smiling softly.

"Don't be sorry. Thank you for beating me to the punch." He winked.

Caroline smiled and nodded. "No problem. Good luck at practice." She said.

"Thank you. Drive safely, okay?" he smiled and hugged her.

She returned the hug and smiled. "You too. Bye, Michael."

"Bye, Caroline." He smiled.

They both got into their cars, and Caroline headed home while Michael headed to practice. Who knew that falling asleep during a movie would turn out to be a good thing?