emergency response • ministar

This has to be the lamest shit I've ever written but I hadn't updated in so long I forgot I even had a book, sorry for both. This doesn't even belong here, it's like 0% romance. I promise there will be at least one new chapter by 2017 maybe idk if I ever get to it thanks.

KD.

_____

"Wait, so two rights and then a left?"

"No. I literally told you two minutes ago. Right, then left, then right again. Are you even listening to me?"

"Uh huh. Something, something, right left right, more blabbering," Simon shrugged, adjusting his ear piece. "You know, you really need to work on your tone of voice. It's really hard to pay attention with your boring nerd talk in my ear."

Simon could almost sense Vik's eye roll from across the line.

"Hilarious. Now do your job. They aren't paying us to roleplay out here."

"Actually, I-"

"Stop."

There was a pause.

"Hostiles, on your right. Hold on a moment," Vik warned.

Simon smirked and lined up his gun before stealthily turning the corner. He took out both guards before either of them could react.

"Okay, I was going to trigger the security door from the control room and lock them in, but it seems you can't follow basic instructions," Vik frowned.

"What? I had it under control."

"What if there were more than two guys, though? And they were heavily armed? You could've walked to your death. Listen to my instructions next time, it's not that hard," Vik said in a condescending tone.

"If it wasn't a situation you thought I could handle, I wouldn't even get the chance to engage. As much as you want to deny it, you wouldn't let me die," Simon responded truthfully.

"Don't tempt me."

Simon's lips curled upwards into a small smile.

"You know, it's kinda cute how you act all mean and tough and pretend these relationships are just between coworkers, but really, you've cried at almost every grad ceremony."

"Who told you that? Josh? Ethan? I'll make sure to get them back at the next reunion," Vik shot back smartly.

"Neither. I figured you were the type to get attached to people," Simon tilted his head and smiled into the nearest security camera, knowing that Vik could see him.

"Okay, how about we stop getting off track and focus on the mission. And for the record, this relationship is purely on a professional basis," Vik added dismissively.

"Right... What was it again, two lefts and a right?" Simon brought up mischievously.

"If I was down there, I would take that gun and shoot you in the leg right now," was the reply.

"What, Einstein the scrawny tech partner? I'd like to see you try," Simon challenged.

"I'll have you know that I graduated in the top ranks of my class in the fieldwork division before I trans-"

Vik's feed cut off as Simon heard a faint beeping sound.

"Vik?"

The line was silent.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Simon spoke into his receiver.

A high-frequency buzz sounded in his ear, causing him to wince. On the other end, Vik was scrambling on the desk to regain access to the mainframe.