kiss cam • wroetostar

HA remember when I said I'd try to update before 2017? I don't even know if I'll update again between now and 2018 ?? I'm sorry that it's like five sentences long but better than nothing right?
Enjoy.

KD.

_____

"Is that an American thing?" Vik leant over and whispered to Josh.

Vik had flushed red when the large screen had first panned the crowd and landed on a couple that immediately started sucking face on camera. Wasn't that embarrassing? Vik couldn't imagine having to face the public humiliation on making out in front of thousands of people (he wasn't even big on PDA in front of his friends).

He found it hard to grasp the concept of the 'kiss cam'. Unlike the other boys, Vik had never attended such a large sporting event in the states before and wasn't familiar with such a custom.

"Yeah, I think they have it in Canada too," Josh muses, turning to Simon to confirm. Vik sighed and thanked the heavens that he hadn't been forced to sit at the end of their group. There was a bunch of girls sitting to the left of Simon, and just thinking about the possible consequences of that had Vik's stomach churning.

A cut scene from the field to the cheering crowd signalled another break in the game. Watching the kiss cam made Vik feel uncomfortable, but it was kinda nice to see all the happy couples enjoying themselves, he supposed. He sneaked a glance upwards.

The kiss cam zoomed onto a young looking couple who weren't paying attention to the screen at all. The girl was holding her phone, whether taking a pouting selfie or FaceTiming a friend, he wasn't sure, and the guy was talking to someone beside him.

Talking to a someone who happened to be wearing a shitty Primark jumper.

He jumped in his seat in shock, not hearing anything of what Harry was saying. He tugged on Harry's sleeve and pointed discreetly to the screen.

Harry followed his line of sight and raised his eyebrows in amusement when he saw the screen.

"Hey, Katie," he called to his 'date', but she didn't tear her eyes away from the phone.

"Katie," he tried louder.

"Hold on a moment, I'm talking to Jess. It's important," she waved dismissively.

Harry shook his head exasperatedly as the most of the stadium who had tuned in to watch the kiss cam unfold laughed and booed the couple. Amazingly, Katie was still completely oblivious.

Vik waited for the camera to pan away from his friends as he was visible on the screen beside them, trying his best to avoid eye contact with the cameraman across the stadium. It didn't.

Harry noticed too, and so did most of the crowd that was shouting at him and Katie. He shook his head as if playfully admitting defeat, and leant over without warning to attach his lips to the person next to him.

Vik was lucky he couldn't see the camera readjust its focus, but that was only because Harry's face was in the way.

"Mmmph!" he protested, pulling away from his friend's mouth with a mortified expression.

The entire stadium roared as the cam caught every inch of the brief interaction.

Vik brushed his fingers across his lips and felt his face heat up. He refused to make eye contact with Harry.

"That was... unexpected," Josh mused, as Simon pouted behind him.

Vik couldn't find the words to respond.

"They should've stopped at us," Simon complained, draping an arm across Josh's chest and leaning over to leave a flurry of kisses along Josh's jawline.

"Oi, tone it down, boys. Be considerate of Vik's sweet virgin eyes," Harry drawled, pulling Vik's head into his chest as to shield him from the other two.

Josh rolled his eyes at the irony (Vik had no right to complain about PDA anymore). He turned around to give, if not the stadium then at least Vik and Harry, a public display they wouldn't forget.

Meanwhile, Katie had finally hung up on Jess and was seemingly confused with all the commotion.

"Did I miss something?"