Chapter One - The Start(Holloween Special)

It's Halloween in the San Francisco Bay area, and it's lit. People are dressing up as all kinds of things, from politicians to their favorite Marvel superhero. Everyone was out having fun aside from Marcus.

Wrench had pulled a prank him while he was sleeping. It wasn't one of his most brutal of pranks, but it still pissed him off. Wrench had awoken him pointing a gun at his forehead, and talking as if he was insane. It doesn't sound so bad until you consider the fact that your a hacker living with someone who's a walking mystery and smashes toasters.

"Loosen up Marcus, it's Halloween." Wrench said trying to cheer up his friend.
Marcus glared dangerously at him. It's not that he hated Halloween, it's the fact that people use it as an excuse for bad behavior.
Not to say that Marcus hadn't hacked traffic lights or cars early that day...
"Fuck you." He grumbled.

Wrench sighed and walked over to him. Marcus was clearly irritated and he didn't really know what'll cheer him up, but he'd have to try.
"How about you and I go scare some idiots?" Wrench asked poking at Marcus' side. The '?' flashing on his goggles as he cocked his head to the side. Marcus had to admit that he looked cute, and the fact that his idea of making him feel better was by scaring people was funny. Marcus agreed to it and lifted himself from the couch. Wrench followed in joy and excitement.
--------------------------------------
They were outside of the hackerspace and were now walking in a nearby park. "So how are we gonna scare 'em?'" Marcus asked turning next to him to see Wrench's spiky figure. "I don't know," the sound of his synthensised voice echohed through the eerie Halloween night "thought I'd just tell people we're gay." Wrench shruged laughing a little. Marcus tripped over his own two feet hearing that. He recieved a rather weird look from Wrench; his goggles blinking 'O o'. "You okay, M?" He asked and Marcus just nodded. He was getting warmer.

It was just the fact that Wrench maing jokes like that about them was weird. Whenever he did, Marcus would stutter or felt as if his heart had just decided to give up. It would swell. However Wrench's attention spand was rather short seeing how he had already found a victim and was wielding a airsoft gun waving it around, acting like a mainiac. "What in the hell am I going to do with you?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading. Visit me at Archive of our Own to read this there. It has slightly over +1000 hits! 

               -ZZ44

Song(s) of the Week:

X-Ray by Rezonate

Echoes of the Past by Protostar