Chapter Three - Understanding

Everyone in the Hackerspace knows that Wrench's mask is something that'll never come off. However with his run-in with the FBI his face was exposed to one Dedsec member in particular. Marcus, although at that point in time, knew that Wrench had felt defeated; Marcus has never felt his heart swell more than being able to hear his real voice for once, and to see him.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Marcus said as he sat next to Wrench. He tried to be respectful without staring at his face.
"You know all that shit that Dusan said?" Wrench began. He shook his head slightly staring at the ground. "I would never turn on you."
"He's just trying to tear us apart. I'm not gonna let him do that." Marcus paused. Though Wrench had refused to look at him, Marcus stared at the side of his face. He was not about to have his main man hurt over this. "Look, he's got the FBI on speed dial and he's gonna come after us hard, so I need all of you. We can't do this without each other." Marcus pointed at himself and then at Wrench. He'd meant every word he said.
Wrench finally looked up at Marcus. His entire face visible. His blank eyes stared him down, but he remained silent. It lasted a few moments. But Marcus wished it lasted longer. The pang he felt in his chest made it hard to sit still. It was a very warm feeling; it was warm and fuzzy. Even with the red burn around his left eye he looked handsome. His eyes looked as if there was no color, but Marcus swore in those few seconds he saw a tinge-just a tinge...of green.

Wrench looked back to the ground and rose his hand up to his face. The mask in hand and slipped it on. As it was calibrating, Marcus was taken aback. Fourteen words. Fourteen words was all that he got to hear. He could no longer see his face. This new pang in his chest was painful. It hurt him to see Wrench just put it back on. He looked as if he wanted to say something, but he didn't. Maybe it was the look he gave him. Was that some kind of unspoken message of thanks Wrench was saying?

"We won't." Wrench spoke through the synthesizer. His mask had now fully calibrated. He turned and looked at Marcus, he rose his fist in the process. "Thanks, Marcus..." He said winking. The emoticons '~ ^' flashed on his goggles. Marcus smiled and returned the fist bump. He'd never been happier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inspired by the FBI Mission and Cutscene to rescue Wrench.
Wrench x Marcus
Marcus x Wrench
_Dedsec_
_Join Us_

By: ZanpaiZano44

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song(s) of the Week:

[Future Bass] Rezonate - X-Ray (feat. Jhyve)
[Monstercat Release]

[Glitch Hop] Protostar - Echoes Of the Past
[Monstercat Release]