1

The Girl in Rubble
Levi, Wall Maria
I had to scout out for any survivors from the Titan attack. Tch. What a waste of time, the survivors were all probably eaten by Titans or were killed of starvation, the majority probably fled or their injuries killed them, but Erwin insisted we look. Imbecile.

Well, that's what I thought at least.

I heard a faint ragged breath. Something others would miss in a large group. I rushed over to a rubble house to find a girl covered in dirt and dried blood and what looked like a a few scratches on her arm from debris and... Her parents. Dead it seemed.

"A-are they gone?" She stuttered

"The Titans? Yes... They're gone." I helped her sit up I sent off a flare to signal I found someone.

No one had found anyone else to we headed out back to wall Rose.  We hated not having anyone else, but the more people would only add to the famine.

I help her up onto my horse to get her back to HQ, where, they'd probably send her to an orphanage until she could start training or work in the fields. Which was... Twelve.

On the ride back I heard her trying to clean herself off, constantly brushing off her clothes on the ride and sighing when it failed. Eventually she gave up. We got to HQ and we have Hanji take a look at the injuries.

"Just a few cuts. They'll heal up. Thankfully nothing major or life changing." Hanji reported

She came out all cleaned up, that's when I could actually make out her face. She had a brown hair like Hanji.. Actually they looked a lot alike. She had glasses as well. She was wearing a knee length grey dress and a blue scarf her eyes were a cold grey. I could understand, she probably witnessed a lot.

"So, what's your name." I asked

"Hatsu, Hatsu..." She trailed off

"She doesn't remember her last name." Hanji supplied

"And, how old are you?"

"Nine, sir." she didn't even look at me.

"Levi if I-" Hanji started

"I know what you're going to ask Hanji, only if she agrees" I interrupted

"To do what?" Hatsu looked up curiousity twinkling in her eyes

"Train, for one of the regiments." I responded

"Even before proper training?" she asked

"Yeah." Hanji said excitedly "You can even help with my experi-"

"No." I glared at Hanji. "She isn't getting the caught up in your insane experiments."

"Fine, only if she wants." Hanji surrendered "Okay, she needs to rest right now, she can sleep in my dorm"

With that Hanji took Hatsu's arm and left to her dorm.