Earning your place

"Iruka Sensei! I think they're about to wake up!" you heard the familiar voice of the blonde haired boy obnoxiously yell.   

     "Anyone would wake up with you yelling like that," a much calmer, older sounding voice said.

     Squinting your eyes for a second to adjust to the light, you sat up and looked around slightly confused. "Naruto?" you mumbled without thinking.

     "Uwha! They spoke! And they know my name, so weird~" Naruto said pointing to you and speaking the last part with a chill as if he were scared of a ghost or something.

     Then it hit you. Crap! I'm not supposed to know anyone's name... Think of something, think of something!

     " Of course I know your name. Wasn't everyone shocked when you became a ninja at the last minute?" You laughed awkwardly thinking you had just barley saved yourself.... Until you heard Naruto's and Iruka's response. 

     "What do you mean? That never happened." The pair said

     "Naruto failed his exam," Iruka explained plainly.

     You felt a wave of Shock run through your body. "What? But... didn't you practice all night and learn how to make a ton of solid clones and then Iruka passed you because of the fight you helped him in that ultimately was kinda your fault but that didn't matter because you were so outstanding?"

     "What are you talking about? I was going to practice, but before I could even try to acquire the 'necessary items' you fell out of a tree and onto my head. I had to stop everything to make sure you were okay."

     OOOOOOhhhhhhh no. You're being here had already screwed up the whole universe. You hadn't even done anything yet and now the protagonist has been taken out of the picture! Considering how many times Naruto freaking saved EVERYONE, not having him as a real ninja could be realllllllyyyyyyy bad.

     "Oh! Hahaha! I must have been just hallucinating."

     "Weird thing to hallucinate about," Iruka said with a suspicious tone, "but anyways, what's your name? I don't recognize you so you aren't one of my students, but you look about the right age."

     "I'm (Y/N), Age 13 as of today, I think." You weren't sure what day it was in this world so it was hard to say if it could still be considered your birthday.

     "What! No way! You're a year older than me?!" (I couldn't find the exact age of the characters in the very beginning but it said around 12-13 and it's important to the story that you're slightly older than the others... ) "No fair!"

     "Well, (Y/N), Where are you from?" Iruka asked, being like night and day difference in comparison to Naruto's energy.

     "Oh, umm... The truth is... I don't remember. But I do remember I was about to test to try and become a ninja! Can I still do that?" you lied. If Naruto couldn't be a ninja then somebody had to replace him right? Or was that just you being selfish and wanting to be the protagonist?

     "Well, I'm not sure I should allow it, but someone as young as you could easily be stopped if it turned out you were a spy, so why not? But first, I think you should wash up. I'll go out and buy you some better suited clothes for the physical activity you'll be facing, I don't think pajamas will cut it. Naruto, show them to the bathroom to let them clean the dirt off their skin and hair." Iruka said then turned to the door to go find you some proper clothing. 

     You hadn't noticed it before, but you were still in your pj's and covered in dirt and leaves, likely from falling out of a tree. You stepped timidly into the bathroom and once Naruto left and the door was fully closed, you turned to the mirror. That's when you noticed just how different you looked. You hadn't questioned the strange appearance of Naruto and Iruka, after all they were from an anime/manga, it made sense for them to look kinda like video game characters; however, for some reason you had overlooked the fact that you looking like a normal human would stand out quite a lot. You still had an odd resemblance to yourself from the real world, but you looked very not realistic at all. Kinda like you had walked out of Naruto Ultimate Ninja storm 4. The only thing you thought really stood out as making no sense was your eyes. They were vividly blue. Like completely unrealistically blue. Like Naruto had vivid blue eyes, but you had ultimate vivid blue eyes x10. 

     Nothing to do but ignore it. You assumed it had to do with you changing worlds, and that it had no real significance. You stripped down and washed up to the best of your ability. Iruka didn't take long to bring you new clothes, slipping them through the door making sure not to accidentally see anything. The clothes fit surprisingly well. You chalked that one up to plot contrivance. They were similar to Sasuke's clothes, but dark grey. You figured you could get more personalized clothing when you became a ninja and earned some money.

     Then, before walking out, you paused for a moment to straighten you head. You knew the clone jutsu hand signs, as well as the transformation hand signs. Yeah, you were sad to admit you were borderline weeb when it came to Naruto. (Just to make it clear, Weeaboo and Otaku are different things. In this story you are technically Otaku, but very close to being weeb. Otaku is someone who is a master/expert of a certain hobby*often anime or gaming*. Weeaboo is someone who becomes so obsessed with Japanese culture that you claim to be Japanese and act in a way that is meant to worship but ultimately ends up being offensive.) Your only worry was that being from a different world will make it hard or impossible to use chakra.

     Taking a deep reassuring breath, you walked out. Iruka gave you an expectant look. 

     "Ready?" he asked.

     You nod, then you do not only transformation, but also clone jutsu. You figured if you could both become Iruka Sensei AND clone yourself while in the transformation that it would be impressive enough to get yourself a headband. 

     "Impressive," Iruka said looking over you, "I didn't even need to tell you what to do, and you did more than I would have asked anyway. I suppose you've earned your right to be a ninja. I just hope this display wasn't proof of you having bad intentions." Iruka pulled a headband out of one of his pockets. I'll contact the Hokage about all this as soon as possible, but for now, you can stay with Naruto. We're meeting at the academy to place you into teams tomorrow. Don't forget."

     "What!? Sensei, you're going to leave me with this stranger without giving me any say in it?" Naruto said in an outrage.

     "Think of this as an opportunity to make friends. You could learn from this one. They seem to have a natural sense of chakra control." With a smile, Iruka left you and Naruto to yourselves in his humble but messy home.

     "Ramen?" You only needed the single word to completely flip Naruto's mood.

     "Ramen!" Naruto said with a huge smile.

     Well at the very least, you seemed to be able to get along with Naruto fairly well for now. But your presence in this world had already changed so much, you weren't sure how this would affect the story going forward.