Waking up

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story, it belongs to Stephenie meyer... well except for what I come up with.

VOTE & COMMENT PLEASE!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Waking up.

I woke up instantly feeling uncomfortable. I just layed there and stared at the canopy of the bed..... slowly but surely the memories from last night came to me and I cringed.... I was so close... so close to death.

I timidly sat up and hissed in pain. I frowned and sighed as the pain numbed.

I looked down at my clothes and frowned. Someone went through the trouble of changing me. I was in some new pj's. Who would do this for me?

I pulled back my pj sleeves and looked at my arms and then at my stomach, they were hideous. There was bruises everywhere. I bowed my head in defeat. I'm going to be a burden to look at. I guess I was lucky, but the fact that I was around vampires who had super eyesight only made me want to cry, they can see the damage better than I can. Will they pity me and look at me like the frail and pathetic human that they know I am? Of course they will.

I pulled the bed cover off my body and noticed that it was the comforter I had bought last night. I grimaced and stared at my clothes, someone changed me and now my bed spread?

I became curious and stared around the room and almost cried. All the posters and decor I bought was around the room. There were get well balloons in the corner of the room and flowers everywhere else. The Volturi were so sweet! Staring around the room made me second guess over the terrible things Edward told me about the Volturi. They have been nothing but hospitable to me.

What would my family think if they saw me now? My mom would probably be histerical if she knew that I almost went through what she went through.

I immediately stopped thinking about my family, it only brought me pain.... and I didn't need any more of that.

I carefully got out of bed and for the first time noticed that no one was in here. I was thankful for that...it allowed me to go to pieces privately. I was alot like Aunt Bella like that.... when I wanted to think things over or cry, I prefered to be alone.

I stood up and debated whether I should look in the mirror or not. I finally made up my mind and walked to the mirror deciding that I may as well try to look as good as I can, while I look like crap.

I walked to the bathroom mirror and almost fainted. I wasn't only bruised and battered but someone had bathed me. There was no matted blood in my hair or blood on my face. Oh how awkward. I hid my face in my hands and tried not to think about who bathed me.

I thought it was sweet that someone would take the time to care for me, but my independent side was aggrevated. I could have done it myself. I quickly threw the thought out of my head... whoever did this was trying to be nice.

I walked to my door stiffly and opened it, the pain from my bruises were making it hard to walk but I managed. I stared around the hallway. I couldn't hear anyone, or see anyone.I decided that I needed to be around people so I continued down to the throne room in my pj's... I really didn't want to change. The pj's were loose enough on me that they didn't rub against my bruised skin. It was nice.

I hesitated in front of the throne door for a few moments, deciding whether I should just walk in... when I heard Aro's voice say " Anna we know your there.... please come in."

I blushed and walked in. I looked around and was at first relieved when I didn't see my friends Alec, Jane, Demitri and Felix, I didn't want them to see me like this... even though they already have.