III. Chapter 17 | Part 1 - Aubree

While Stone spoke privately with Gwen and Lance in the living room, the rest of the pack went into the kitchen and Aubree immediately filled the coffeemaker up and got it brewing before adding bread to the toaster.

Tensions were still high among the males, though it would seem less so for Gunner. He stood stoically by the sliding door, peering out into the backyard while Alistair engaged Aubree in telepathic conversation, and Gavin fidgeted, drumming his fingers on the counter and stealing glances toward the living room.

It would seem that, regardless of her soul being the same, being reborn in another body meant she still had to form the mental connections.

It was simple enough. Alistair did it when he jumped on her bed earlier that morning and pressed his forehead to hers. She felt a gentle prodding in her head and opened it without fully realizing what she was doing.

Gavin, it would seem, she had already made a connection the night they had to bring Gwen back from the brink of death. However, with her being human at the time and the bond with Stone not sealed, the only way he could make the connection was through touch. Now that her bond with Stone was complete, and she had lycan blood mixed in her veins, he could mind-link with her like everyone else.

As the coffee brewed, she and Gunner locked gazes before touching their foreheads together and forming the connection.

While she and Stone had been gone, the pack bought a new kitchen table and chairs, as well as a plastic patio set. She wanted to eat breakfast outside in the garden, but Stone called her and Gavin into the living room before the coffee was even done brewing.

After the four of them shared a moment together, Aubree and Gavin returned to the kitchen, while Stone spent more time with Gwen and Lance.

She ate two slices of toast for breakfast with coffee and chatted for a bit with Gavin, Alistair, and Gunner.

The oldest male welcomed her back home, asked her how she was feeling, and when she would like to start her training.

As the head warrior, he was responsible for training, and while Aubree groaned at the thought of working up a sweat, she knew she had to become physically stronger in order to be Luna.

"You'll have to go easy on me. I'm still technically human until the next full moon and have my first shift," she said as they sipped their coffee in the kitchen, while Gavin was spreading strawberry jam on his toast at the counter a few feet away, only to have Alistair steal it from him and shove the whole thing in his mouth.

Gunner nodded, his back to the pair as Gavin shouted, "Hey!" and lunged for his uncle, who sputtered crumbs with chipmunk cheeks and side-stepped Gavin.

"Of course. This month's training will be strengthening exercises, focusing on your core muscles."

She nodded, straining to keep her attention on Gunner and what he was saying, despite the fact that Gavin managed to get Alistair in a headlock and was giving him a noogie.

"Focus, Luna." Gunner caught her attention straying.

She hung her head. "Sorry. So, what kind of core strengthening exercises did you have in mind?"

"Planks, squats, crunches, and push-ups mostly," he listed. "Tomorrow, I will assess your abilities and go from there."

Yikes, he's going to work me to the bone.

Alistair slipped free of Gavin's hold, and he ruffled the younger one's hair. [Afraid so, buttercup.]

Aubree's hand met with her face.