***Chapter Four

*** u n e d i t e d ***

CHAPTER FOUR

Something Called
Girl Talk

✿✿✿

Jane had not asked about where Lia had gone, nor did she witness the meeting of the witch and the troubled Salemer boy. Her friend had a habit of flitting back and forth between places, especially back at Ilvermorny - she would never let her hear the end of the time she had been late to Charms after reportedly being chased down by a small herd of gnomes on the grounds.

After Jane had dragged Lia away from the crowd, they had spent the rest of the day fleeting through No-Maj shops and managed to smuggle back a few books and pastries. Along their way through the street, though, Lia heard someone familiar call her name.

"Lia?" the sound of a sweet feminine voice said happily from behind. The blonde stopped and smiled ear to ear, turning to see a beloved friend.

"Hey Queenie!" Lia greeted cheerfully, swallowing her bite of a cinnamon crisp.

Queenie was one of those women who did not have to smile to look radiant, but she was rarely seen without a curve in her dimpled pinkish lips. Her strawberry golden hair was held aloft around her ears in lovely springy curls, and at the moment she wore a short, pleasant pink dress and coat. Her personality was always widespread on her physical looks, something that pleased Lia, because Queenie's smile was just as bright as her own.

Lia had never felt uncomfortable around the woman, even if she was unknowingly reading her mind. It was only when Queenie pried too far that she put up her walls. She let the familiar feeling of another presence enlighten her brain, and their conversation seemed to be happening on an entirely new level, one not many could see.

Queenie sashayed over, her heels clicking lightly on the pavement, and joined the girls on their short stroll. Jane seemed to having a liking for her, very much like the other people that knew Queenie, but she had politely asked her not to read her mind, and to that the other witch payed heed - or at least tried to.

"I thought I heard some familiar thinking out here!" Queenie hummed, shifting her bag. The Legilimens suddenly brightened. "Ooh, you've got sweets!"

Lia grinned, kindly offering her a peppermint cookie. She took it happily with gloved fingers, nibbling on it in dainty bites. Jane and Queenie began to exchange pleasantries, talking normally like any two steady friends would. The other blonde witch, though, found herself looking out at the sky. As Lia's thoughts wandered along to recent events, Queenie's eyes widened and traveled over to gape at the girl, who was walking beside the two but seemed fairly faraway.