Chapter 5

~Harley's Pov~

I wake up to the smell of lasagna being cooked in the oven and criminal minds on the tv. My mouth is dry as fuck and my left cheek stings like a bitch. I sit up and throw the blanket off of me because I'm overheating. I get up and almost fall as I look around for Ivy. "Oh good, you're up. Dinner's almost ready. How are you feeling?" Ivy asks as she walks over to me from upstairs and places her hand on my shoulder. "I need water." I say but I don't think it was audible.

"Oh water." She says and quickly gets a glass out and fills it with water. I hastily take it and gulp it down in less than two minutes. "Wow ya thirsty hoe." She giggles and I playfully smack her in the arm. "You know you love me." She said and rested her head on my shoulder looking at me pitifully. "Yes, I do." I say with a laugh. "Ugh, my head hurts." I say and put my hand on my head. Ivy walks to the downstairs bathroom and then comes back out, tossing me a bottle of excedrin.

"Thanks." I say and fill my glass up with water again and pop a pill in my mouth. I take a swig of water to wash it down and then I walk over to the couch and sit down next to Ivy. "This is one of my favorite shows." I say, taking a glance at her. "Oh really? Me too." She says with a smile. "Cool." I say softly and watch criminal minds until the oven beeps. "Ooh, lasagna's ready." Ivy says giddily and walks to the oven and takes it out, putting it on the stove.

I hear clattering of plates and when I realize that she's getting me my plate, she's already in the living room. "I could've gotten up." I said and took the plate. "Oh don't be silly. One; you're my guest and two; you're not feeling well." She said and sat down next to me. "Ok, whatever floats your boat." I said with a laugh and dug in. 'Wow, she's a medic and a cook!' I thought to myself.

********

After dinner and a couple hours, Poison Ivy said I could sleep here tonight in the guest bedroom. "Oh no, it's really no trouble at all." Ivy said after I had protested about me staying and how I'd be a burden. "Well, if you insist." I said but inside, my heart was screaming in gratitude. "Alright well there's some clothes in the dresser that might fit you, they used to be mine until I grew out of them. But anyway, if you need anything please feel free to knock on my door. Goodnight." She said with a smile and walked out, closing the door behind her.

I put my bag on the ground and sighed in contentment as I fell back onto the queen sized bed. I decided to get changed so I walked to the dresser and pulled out a gray T-shirt that was far too big but very comfortable. I only wear my underwear to bed so I don't need pj pants. The shirt just barely covered my hot pink "boy short" underwear.

I grabbed my phone and went onto my music app and played Space Song by Beach House. 'Funny how this is a beach house.' I thought to myself.

It will take awhile to make you smile
Somewhere in these eyes I am on your side
You wide eyed girls, you get it right
Fall back into place

Tender is the night
For a broken heart
Who will dry your eyes when it falls apart?
What makes this fragile world go round?
Was she ever lost? Was she ever found?
Somewhere in these eyes
Fall back into place

As I listened to the lyrics I thought of the Joker and we used to be. Loving and kind to one another. 'I miss those times.' I thought to myself as the tears started to fall from my eyes. I lied on my back and just let the lyrics take me into an abyss that no one knew about. But then I think about Poison Ivy and all that she's done for me; She saved me. She, Poison Ivy, will dry my eyes when it falls apart. Poison Ivy know makes my world go round. Yes, I was lost but that was with the Joker, now I'm found by Poison Ivy.

'None of this would've happened without Poison Ivy. I wouldn't even be alive if it weren't for her. I owe everything to Ivy. I don't deserve the Joker, I deserve Ivy!' I thought to myself. I'm getting myself angry. I shouldn't even be crying over that dick! I wiped my eyes and gripped the pillow angrily in my arms so I wouldn't punch Ivy's wall.

Wait- did I just say that I deserve Ivy? Am I falling for Poison Ivy? No no, that can't be... I'm not even gay or bi, I'm straight. As straight as pole... Right? All this questioning is driving me crazy! I'll see if these "feelings" persist. Until then... I don't know what I am or who I am anymore...