Chapter 15

~Time skip of one week~

~Harley's Pov~

I figured out how I'm going to propose to Pam; I'm going to have a whole day of a scavenger hunt of important things all leading up to a sunset date up on our secret hill like before. But after dinner, I'm gonna take her out on the lake when the stars are out and wait for fireworks. As they go off, I'll propose.

And that's tonight. Tonight's the night.

I've never been so nervous before in my life. I'm wringing my hands together and pacing, waiting for Pam to get home from work. It's a Friday today so it works out since she has off on the weekends. I was praying she'll be in a good mood. That's when I hears the door slam and I snapped my head up and looked at her. She plopped down on the bar stool to the kitchen island and sighed, rubbing her temples while mumbling incoherent things. "Uh, bad day at work?" I asked, my heart dropping to the floor and my energy deflating.

She nodded her head and then there was a moment of silence between us. I was the first to speak, breaking the silence, as a thought hit me. "I know what'll brighten your day." I said energetically and I dragged up off the stool. "Go change into something comfortable. That pencil skirt looks like it'll rip at the slightest movement." I said with a scoff. She giggled and rolled her eyes playfully and went upstairs to change. She came back downstairs in skinny jeans and a crop top. I was wearing jean shorts with rips in them and a razorback tank top.

I smiled and opened the door and walked out, but then ran back in the house and up the steps with Pam calling after me. I ignored her and went into our room and opened the top drawer of my dresser and rifled through the clothes and pulled out a velvet box. 'Wouldn't be a proposal without this bad boy.' I thought and ran back downstairs, but not before spritzing some cologne on my clothes. I came back downstairs with a smile and she gave me a confused look. "Cologne." I said and she nodded then shut the door behind her.

********

I changed my mind and decided to just take Pam out on a wonderful date night at our secret area at sunset and now it was dark out, with the full moon shining bright overhead. I drove to the lake behind our house and I brought her onto the boat. "But Harley, you're scared of boats." She said as she reluctantly got in. "I know but my love for you is stronger than my fear. And besides, I have you to protect me in case we tip over like the last time I was on a boat." I said with a frown even though it was supposed to be a cute statement. "Alright, whatever you say." She said and got all the way in the boat and sat down comfortably.

I rowed us to the middle of the lake and we didn't even need a flashlight because the shine of the moon casted silver over the landscape. 'I want to propose to her now but I have to wait a little bit.' I thought. I stopped rowing since we were pretty much in the middle and I gazed at my lovely girlfriend. "You look so beautiful. Silver suits you." I said with a wink, referring to the moonlight and the engagement ring soon to come. She blushed and looked away with a giggle and I laughed too and touched her hand gently and in a loving way.

I love you so much Pam." I said softly with a smile and she looked up at me, smile sweetly. "I love you too." She said and kissed me. "I have something to tell you." I said with a smile and deep breathe. "What is it?" She asked, suddenly concerned and even slightly worried. "Wait, what's that?" I asked and pointed behind. "Where?" She asked and turned around. I quickly pulled out the run and velvet box and opened the lid. "I don't see anything." She said as she turned around and gasped, holding her hand over mouth.

"We've know each other for awhile now and we've been dating for almost a year. From the moment I met you, I started to like you. Everything about you intrigued me and I was drawn in by your aura. We've been through thick and thin and to hell and back but that's what relationships are as well as the good things. There's always going to be ups and downs but even through all that, I'm glad I spent these last no the with you. You've helped me get through something that I didn't even think I could get out of on my own but you did. You helped me. And I love you so much Pam. So I'm asking you now, will you marry me?" I asked with a hopeful smile.

By now, Pam was wiping away tears of joy and happiness and nodded as she did so. "Yes of course." She said and hugged me tightly. I smiled and wiped my own happy tears and took the ring out of it's case and slid it onto her ring finger. She held out her hand and shone it around the light of the moon, admiring it's sparkle. "I love you." She said as she turned to me and smiled, wrapping me in another hug. "I love you too." I said and smiled.

********

Once we were back in the house, we were so tired out from our special day and the emotional night. We retreated to our room and changed quickly, then settled into bed with Pam's arm around my waist. "Goodnight My Diamond Queen, I love you." She said softly and I smiled. "I love you too." And with that, we fell asleep happy, warm, and soon to be married, with me in my soon to be wife's arms.

Sorry for the long wait. I'm really happy with this chapter! Personally, it's my favorite. Also, I picture of the ring here 

 Also, I picture of the ring here