Chapter III

The lesson begun immediately after professor Slughorn entered the classroom. He presented me to the rest of the class, telling them my name.

       It was almost noon, so rays of bright light made their way through the only window in the room, making us all squint our eyes.

       He got out a glass container, filled up with a golden, shining liquid. I knew the answer. I smiled to myself as I raised my hand up, proudly I can say. I felt movement next to me so I turned around to see Tom, willing to tell the answer too. Slughorn looked both a bit shocked and proud.

       "I think I have to let miss (l/n) answer, Tom." He said, his voice full of joy.

       "Of course professor. I don't mind at all. If miss (l/n) wants to tell us something, she should." Tom replied, slowing and almost whispering as he reached the end of the sentence. Then he glared at me, sly looking, probably jealous of me at the moment.

       Slughorn gestured towards me, to let me know that I can start talking.
I cleared my throat and gulped. I was never the social one. I always sat in the back taking notes and staying quiet. I wanted to change that. I wanted to be brave. But could I?

       "Umm.." I nervously started. " This is Felix Felicis, sir. Also called liquid luck. It is a potion   that makes the drinker lucky for a period of time, during which everything they attempt will be successful."

       "Yes, (y/n), that's entirely true!" he exclaimed and smiled. I glanced over at Tom and saw that the jealousy in his eyes was transformed into pure curiosity.

       "This potion is highly toxic in large quantities and is also a banned substance in all organised competitions, such as Quidditch, along with all other methods of cheating.It is very difficult to make, disastrous if made wrong, and requires six months to stew before it is ready to be consumed." I added.

       "Good job! Thirty points to Slytherin!" he cheered as all the students that are not in Slytherin groaned. I received some death glares from some Ravenclaws, but what made me curious was Toms. He seemed to stare at me continuously even when I would turn around his eyes will simply gaze into mine. Slughorn gave us a potion to make and sat down at his desk, reading something. My partner was Charlus. I started cutting some herbs when I realized what Tom has been doing. Legilimency. Why has he been trying to get into my mind? Yeah, I still don't know why...

       "Tom, stop!" I whisper-yelled, looking at him.

       "What should I stop doing? Staring at you? I just can't help it, (y/n). You are too beautiful to handle." he said with a flirtatious tone, like a hum, receiving many suggestive looks from guys and gasps from girls. I frowned at him. "I'm not that stupid and I'm not going to be like all the other girls, head over heels over you. I know you were doing legilimency on me." I raised my voice and pointed my finger to him.

       Then I realised that this really was ridiculous. Me, a 5 feet and 5 inches girl, trying to argue with an almost 6 feet and 2 inches boy, who was towering over me and no one except me and him knew the reason why. Others got the idea themselves and started giggling. I think Tom got it too ( probably from my mind ) and smirked down at me. I looked at my feet, trying to hide my blush, when he just putted his arm around my shoulders. 

       I pushed him off and still embarrassed made my way back to Charlus which started comforting me. Although it didn't worked out. We finished the potion, but I could just not feel Toms strong gaze upon me every once in a while. I would shrug it off, but then my embarrassment will take over again. 

       I packed my stuff quickly, so I could leave fast but it seemed like the Universe was against me that one specific day. As I was heading towards the door, many calling me Toms girlfriend, I heard my name being called. I turn around to face professor Slughorn.

       "(y/n), I just wanted you to know that you impressed me with your knowledge and I think that you are a really bright witch for your age. I have my own personal club, called the "Slug Club" in which I harvest many other of your fellow classmates. I was wandering if you would accept to join in? Of course, only if you want to." I looked at him, big eyed, asking myself if it is real or not. Before I could answer my own question, Tom got near us and when he was close to me he whispered in my ear, making me shiver. "It is, (y/n)". Then walked away.

       I silently gasped. He used yet again legilimency on me. But I wasn't a turner. I couldn't tell this to Slughorn, it's just not like me. So I decided to keep it for myself.

       "I will join." I simply said.

       "Excellent!" he exclaimed happily, making me jump slightly, then laugh. "The date of our first meeting this year will be announced to you, so expect an owl soon! This week sometime!" he said and I smiled. When I tended to leave, he added "Oh, and (y/n), don't be embarrassed by what happened earlier, that's just how children are. And Tom is a good young man, he will do you no harm."

       After what he said, I left, not responding at Slughorns remark. I had other thoughts in my head and I hopped that he wasn't reading them right now, standing behind me, or hiding somewhere near.

       Why was he using legilimency on me?

____________________________

       Hey, humans!

       I managed to sneak to the computer while my parents were at work, so I finished this chap earlier than expected!

       Maybe you have noticed but if you did not I actually kept my promise and updated regularly with chapters over 1000 words.

       I still can't believe that almost have 50 reads! I'm very happy that you guys show me support by favouriting the story! :3

       Anyways, have a nice morning/day/night wherever you are in the world and hopefully see you next time!

                                                   ~Sarah~