Chapter VI

He entered the room, slowly closing the door behind him and fixing his bag on his shoulder. I gulped, watching every little movement he was making. Every step. Every breath. Every glance.

       "I see you received my roses. Do you like them?" he smirked, looking down at me as I was way shorter than him.

        I looked at my hand, which was holding tight one of them. I didn't realized when the flower's thorns made their way through my skin. From reflex, I flinched my hand in pain, dropping the black rose onto the ground.

       I held my bleeding hand to my chest, closing my eyes shut. He came closer, grabbing it into his. His skin was cold and his hand much bigger than mine, making me feel small, but in someway, protected. We were only inches away from each other. Tom pulled out his wand from inside of his robes and flicked it above my palm, which quickly healed, cleaning the blood left from the wound.

       All that time, I was looking at my feet. I could feel his strong gaze burning holes through me. I raised my head to meet his dark eyes staring into my (e/c) ones. It felt like it could last forever. Eyes locked. Hands hold.

       "I need answers." I demanded without fear, with a cold tone. He backed away slightly, letting go of my hand and clearing his throat.

       "What were you doing in the girl's bathroom?"

        If taken out of context, my question would make people laugh. It would be amusing. But now, that question could mean Tom's expel.

Tom's P.O.V

       She knows

       But I couldn't admit what I did. I didn't liked what I did. What would she think of me?

       I opened my mouth, ready to improvise an excuse. I lied before. But her eyes were pleading for an answer.

        Before I could say anything my bag fell onto the ground, making a loud thud. All of my books were scattered around us. I panicked as I saw the small black notebook farther away than the rest of my belongings. My diary. I bent down to reach it. Although, (y/n) had the same idea.

       We knocked our foreheads and she stumbled, falling back. There was a moment of silence between us, in which we just stared in shock at each other.

       Then, a small smile showed upon her face as she started giggling. Her laugh was like music. I gave up and chuckled a little.

       I got on my feet and held my hand for her, to help her up. She hesitantly took it, looking away. Then, we heard a faint scream.

       "Nyx!" a female voice called.

       (Y/n) looked like she knew who this voice belonged to. Slightly confused, we both cautiously approached the door of the hospital wing.

       A black cat appeared in front of us, followed by a short girl in Gryffindor robes.

       "Oh..." she started "I hope I didn't interrupted anything. I'm Andreea." she said with a smirk. (Y/n) immediately flushed, frowning at the girl. I chuckled lightly.

        I felt something rubbing against my feet and and I looked down. The cat, Nyx, I think, was wandering around me, purring. Andreea laughed as I frowned.

       "I think she likes you" she awed. But before any of us could respond with anything, the cat grabbed my diary in her teeth and started to run away.

       "That filthy animal!" I growled, taking out my wand. (Y/n) pushed my hand, making me miss the curse I wanted to throw. The killing curse. On the inside I was grateful that she stopped me. I started being afraid of myself. Dark thoughts would show in my mind at random times, especially when I was trying to sleep. I had so many unslept nights, that I lost track on counting.

       Andreea threw an immobulus spell on it. Then, she walked to it, grabbing the black notebook from the cat's mouth and placing it on the ground. I rushed towards her and picked it up, quickly shoving it in my bag.

       "Watch your animal!" I hissed, spitting out the last word. She looked both hurt and furious. (Y/n) came by her side and started muttering the remedy. The cat got back to life and Andreea came in front of me with it in her hands

       "I'm sorry" she started. "If I knew she liked to steal that much, I'd have called her Klepto" she chuckled lightly. I just kept my face straight, listening. "Well, I have to go. Hopefully see you later this evening" she finished, looking at (Y/n).

       With that she left us alone in pure silence.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

       My blurry eyes turned towards the pile of books that sat onto the ground near me and were once in Tom's bag. I bent down and picked them up, helping him to put them back in their place. Then, with a glacial and hurt gaze, I grabbed him by his shirt and whispered slowly:

       "I know what you meant to do." He froze with his mouth slightly opened. "The killing curse? Why, Tom?" I asked, feeling a burning sensation in the back of my throat.

       "I-" he stuttered in a small voice.

       But right before he could say anything, the doctor entered the room in a rush. I let go of his shirt and rubbed my eyes with my hand.

       "Good to see you're awake!" She said happily. "Mister Riddle, I would ask you to leave for now. (Y/n) needs a bit of rest."

       He nodded with his head down but, before leaving the room, our gazes met once again.

       His was full of guilt.

___________________________

        Hey humans! Sorry for the kind of late update but I had a big test I had to study for so...ya

       And I wanted to thank all of you people who read my story for reaching 400 reads. I'm very happy right now! *happy dance*

       Anyways, have a wonderful morning/day/night, wherever in the world you are, and hopefully see you next time!
                                          ~Sarah~