Chapter VII

After a long 30 minutes, I managed to convince the doctor that I was  completely healthy, so she let me leave earlier than supposed. Like this, I could do my History essay and participate at Slughorn's little club meeting.

       I tried to concentrate on packing all of my Get Well cards and chocolate, but somehow my thoughts would always drift to Tom. I shook my head once again, placing my bag onto my shoulder and grabbing all the bouquets in my free hand. I scanned the room, making sure that I gathered all of my belongings, when my gaze fell upon the black rose which was laying onto the ground. I sighed, picking it up carefully. Tom would never kill, would he?

        He might sometimes be frighting and cold towards people, but I couldn't see him take a like, doesn't matter if with the help of magic, or not. With one last glace, I left the room, Tom still in my thoughts, starting to wonder if he was using again legilimency on me.

       I entered the library slowly making my way towards an armchair in the far right corner, grabbing a random book on the way. This place was the only one that made me forget everything outside the thousands of stories laying around.

       Then, out of nowhere, appeared Andreea, with a huge grin upon her face. I swear I had never seen her without a smile.

       "Ready to rock?" She yells, plopping into the chair next to mine. I sushed her, still being in the library after all.

       "If by rock you mean study, not really." I whispered in reply.

       I pulled out the notes I had taken and gave them to her. She looked through the papers, then stated:

       "I think we can work with it"

-

       Exhausted, I lazily made my way out of the library. How I have said before, goblins are no fun and writing about them for almost two and a half hours didn't actually help.

       I entered the dim lighten Slytherin common room and just as I placed my foot onto the stairs, a high-pitched voice echoed from the girls dormitories, which I could only recognise as Walburga.

       "We have to dress formal for Slughorn's party, right?"

       I froze in place. I had totally forgot about it. I immediately rushed into my room, as I vaguely remembered packing a dress before leaving this summer. Before doing anything else, I placed the black rose into a vase, which I filled with water.

       I washed my face and let my hair just how it was from this morning. Not bothering to put make-up on, I putted on a long dress and left the room, almost running down the stairs.

       If only my luck could get any better, note the sarcasm, on the way, I bumped into the one and only Tom Riddle. I muttered an apology and hurried down the hall, leaving him no time to respond.

        Reaching Slughorn's office, I knocked lightly, waiting for an answer. A faint "Come in!" could be heard as I entered. My eyes scanned the room and my gaze fell upon the table at which at least ten students were sitting. I could disting some faces, for example Walburga and her friend, Abraxas Malfoy, Dolohov. They didn't started the meal yet, probably still waiting for some others to arrive, including myself.

       But before I could place my foot over the doorstep, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I immediately turned around from instinct, to face yet again that stunning pair dark eyes. I was surprised when I realised what word I used to describe them. He smirked then looked over to Slughorn, who was swishing his wand above the table, making all kinds of food appear. He smiled widely at the sight of me and Tom together. I flinched my shoulder and his hand let go of it. I made my way towards the rest of the students with Tom following way too close. I could feel his breath on the top of my head. I greeted everybody with a small smile and sat down. Tom sat across of me and immediately started a conversation with the professor. 

       After at least fifteen minutes of just playing with my food, Slughorn turned to face me.

       "So, miss(l/n)," he started "You are new here, right? What do you think so far?"

       I smiled awkwardly, still playing with my food. "Well, it's only been four days but I made some friends and, so far, I love Hogwarts." I replied. "And England" I added with a chuckle.

       "Yes, you come from America. From Ilvermorny! he stated.

       "Oh, yeah. Ilvermorny is such a beautiful school" I said with admiration. " And it has a wonderful history"

       "We are all glad you like it here." he said looking around at all the bored, interested or just hungry faces around. After a long pause, he started: "Now, I want to make an announcement and you, my dears, are, for now, the only students that know this. This year our school is going to organize a ball. But you didn't heard it from me."

       Is this some sort of gossiping club?

        Girls' eyes went wide, throwing glances around the room, with their faces flushed red and chuckling. Boys, on the other hand, didn't seemed so excited, even though some of them smirked.

       I, for sure, thought that it was a pretty sweet idea, but then I remembered that I was new and I already made a bad reputation for myself. I sighed but all the whispers and talking covered it.

       Meanwhile, Tom's gaze was burning holes in me. I shoot my head up and scowled at him as I stuck my tongue out. He chuckled at my childish behavior, shaking his head. I smiled lightly as I looked at him like that. He was just a child, like me. He didn't deserve to live a past like his. I sighed once again and with one last glance, I made up my mind. I was going befriend Tom Riddle. To help him.

_________________________________

Hey humans!

       Yet again, I'm very sorry for this super late chapter. I had my finals this week but they're now (finally) over.

       And now, we are over with the sirius part (see what I did there), WE FUDGING REACHED 700 READS AND ALMOST 50 FAVOURITES. I SWEAR I'M DYING. LOVE YA!

       Plus, I'm listening to Set It Off while writing. (as always)

       Anyways, have a wonderful morning/day/night, wherever in the world you are, and hopefully see you next time!
                                           ~Sarah~