Chapter XII

Then, I heard a low chuckle next me and, without turning my head I heard those words, which without context, would be normal.

       But in that situation, they were just...morbid.

       "At least we didn't loose the game, did we?"

_____________________________________

       I froze in place, as my already uneven breath hitched. I slowly turned my head as I felt a hand place on my shoulder. Tom was smirking down at me, while everyone else was mourning. He is sick!

       With glossy eyes I looked in his, which held almost no emotion. But before I could even blurt out a cry, or whimper, he turned around and made his way towards the exit of the field.

       I watched in shock as all of the present teachers followed the girl hurriedly. The players were now off of their brooms and all of the students made their way after the professors.

       I wrapped my scarf tightly around my neck and followed in silence. My gaze was focused onto the ground as my mind was invaded by thousands of thoughts.

       He clearly did it. It was too obvious not to notice. But I still didn't know the reason why. And I bet Dumbledore didn't either.

       In the past two months I observed Dumbledore. He was acting weirder around Tom and it really concerned me. I knew I had to talk with him, as he clearly provided more information than me. Or at least I hoped so.

       I already knew that Tom was up to something; and Dumbledore was the one to confirm my doubts with the help of his strange behavior around him.

        My thoughts were drifted away as I bumped into someone. I muttered an apology and quickly regained my balance. We stopped at the third floor corridor of the castle. Headmaster Dippet crouched down, followed by three other professors. I tried to stay on the peaks of my feet to see what was going on, but the heads of other concerned students blocked my view.

       As the students saw what happened, they either turned around and placed a hand over their mouth in hurt, or maybe disgust, either tried to get closer, but were stopped by Dumbledore, which held a very concerned expression on his complexion.

       Professor Dippet got up and turned to face us.

       "I will ask the prefects to take the students of their house to their dorms and stay there until dinner, when we will further inform you about what happened." he said and gestured for us to leave.

       I widened my eyes as panic started to fill my body. I rapidly pushed my way through the crowd towards Dumbledore, as my breath became uneven. But before I could touch his shoulder to get his attention, another arm forcefully grabbed mine and roughly pulled me into its possessor.

       I already knew who he was. I slowly turned my gaze upwards to meet the eyes of a very pissed Tom. Apparently the other Slytherins already left without him, leaving me being the only one left. Tom showed a fake smile of empathy towards the professors and placed one of his hands on my back. My body reacted before my mind could, so my legs started moving in sync with Tom's.

       As we disappeared from the view of the professors around the corner, Tom furiously pulled me in front of him by my hair. Pain shot though my face as his palm made contact with my cheek. Out of reflex, my hand rapidly made its way towards my jowl and curled its fingers on the place of impact. I let out an unwanted whimper as my vision became clouded by tears.

       "What were you thinking?!" he growled, as his face came closer to mine, only for me to slowly back away in fear.

      "I-just-don't-" I stuttered in a low whisper, as the tears that were fogging my view earlier began to ooze onto my cheeks. My palms briskly wiped them away as they came.

       He sighed in annoyance while tiredly wiping his eyes. I stayed there, staring at his once calm complexion, now lingered with anger. He growled at me and we finally made eye contact.

       "What are you still doing here?! Leave!" he boldly ordered.

       Just as he spat the last word, my legs automatically turned my body around and started rapidly walking away from him and towards the school's dungeons. I frantically tried to wipe my eyes and cheeks. I flinched as my hand made contact with my left one. My arm made its way shakily to my wand, which was stuffed in the back pocket of my jeans, and I softly mumbled a healing spell for my jowl. 

       I blurted out the password, as it already became a routine for me, and ignored the weird stares I received from other students as I made my way directly towards my room. Luckily, Walburga wasn't there, so I plopped myself onto my bed and sighed in defeat.

       I lazily glanced at  the clock hanging on one of the walls. Two pm. The dinner wasn't until seven, so I had five more hours to wait. I knew I couldn't sleep even if I wanted to. I needed information but I was sure that professor Dippet wouldn't tell us everything that happened. I obviously needed to talk with Dumbledore but I wasn't allowed to leave my dorm and I couldn't try to sneak out, as almost all of the other Slytherins were in the common room.

       This is going to feel like a long time.

__________________________________

Hey humans!

       I know that you all hate me now. I'm very sorry for not posting anything for almost three fudging months. To be honest I don't really have any excuse for this, only the stress school is giving me.

       I finally got some inspiration and decided to write something before it's gone so there ya go.

       Anyways, have a wonderful morning/day/night, wherever in the world you are, and hopefully see you next time!
                                        ~Sarah