Chapter 5

While following Derek on my bike my mind keeps drifting back to what he said. If his tank was full then why did he stop? He didn't buy anything from the gas station either, we just talked. Ugh why is this so confusing?!

Focusing back on the road Derek makes a turn and parks in front the beacon hills hospital. Oh no what's wrong with his uncle? Please tell me he's not dying, Derek needs at least one family member! I park next to his car and hop off my bike and walk towards him. He gets out of the car and just looks at the hospital before turning and looking at me.

"So your uncle is in the hospital?"

"Yeah. He's been in a coma since the fire."

"Oh. I'm so sorry Derek."

"It's fine. At least your here with me, I usually come alone." he says. I can't help the small smile that makes it's way on my face. Awwww that is so sweet! I make a bold move and grab his hand walking with him towards the hospital. He doesn't try pulling away so that has to be a good sign, right? Derek signs into the visiting list and we walk into one of the rooms. Derek sits on the bed and pulls his uncle's wheelchair closer to him. Oh my gosh. Half of his face has burn marks all over it. A couple tears escape my eyes, just thinking of how much that man went through just hurts, Derek looks over at me while I wipe away my tears.

"It's ok. You can wait outside if you'd like, I'll be out in a minute."

"Alright." I say before walking out and leaning against the wall on the opposite side of the hall. A few minutes go by and then I hear yelling, well Derek yelling. A nurse walks to the room and they exchange a few words before Derek angrily storms out of the room, me following behind him outside quietly not wanting to upset him more. Walking towards his car I notice a piece of paper set on his windshield. Derek picks the piece of paper up and I can see a glimpse of a dead deer with that spiral sign carved into it from over his shoulder before he folds the paper in half.

"Aliyah..."

"Yes?" I ask suspiciously.

"Have you eaten yet?"

"Now that I think about it no I haven't.."

"You want to get something to eat?" He asks while rubbing the back of his neck. Oh my gosh did he really just ask that?!

"Yeah, I'd like that." I reply, not being able to help the smile that forms on my lips.

"Um...cool."

"Lead the way."

"Alright." He says before getting into his car and I hop on my bike. We drive down the same road we we're on, me still following behind him. I wonder what made Derek so upset though...maybe it's just because his uncle is still in the hospital. I come out of my thoughts just in time to see something run in front of my bike making me swerve off the road. I fly off my bike and my back slams against a tree making me let out a scream, that freaking hurts!
I look straight ahead and see the beast from my dreams snarling at me, but as soon as it appeared it was gone. I may have to rethink about wearing a helmet. I hear footsteps coming rapidly towards, I'm guessing Derek. Just as I suspect I see Derek running towards me.

"Are you ok?!" He asks with worry in his eyes.

"Perfect. You know just thought to wreck my bike and get slammed into a tree to start off the day would be a wonderful idea." I answer sarcastically.

"Your defiantly related to Stiles." He chuckles and helps me sit up. I hiss when I feel a quick pain shoot up my back. You know like if you hit your tailbone really hard and it hurts really badly? Yeah that's what I feel in my back, ugh so embarrassing too! I jump a bit in surprise when I feel Derek lift me up and starts carrying me bridal style, making me blush. Horrible mistake because now my back hurts even more! I groan when Derek sets me down in the passenger seat and the pain continues to shoot up my back. He goes to his side and takes a seat looking over at me before turning his attention to the road and starts to drive again. But then I remember, my bike!