Chapter 6

Aliyah POV

I blink my eyes a few times trying to get my eyes used to the sunlight shining through the window. How long have I been sleeping anyways? I move my hand trying to get to my jean pocket to get my phone until my hand comes into contact with something warm making me freeze in fear. Too scared to look, I can tell it's a hand but then I remind myself that I'm not at the house so it's not Rick. I look down at the arm wrapped around my waist, tracing up to the person's arm to their body and then to their face. I can't help but smile at the sight of Derek sleeping. He looks almost relaxed except for his body which still feels slightly tense.

Wait why am I laying on him again? I remember Derek cleaning my wound but then that's it. Well he didn't move me which surprises me. Wanting to make him more comfortable I slowly start to sit up careful not to wake him up. Derek's grip suddenly tightens pulling me even closer to him. I stop moving still not wanting to wake him, now realizing the new position we're in making me blush lightly. Now instead of my head being on his lap I'm actually sitting on his lap...goodness this couldn't get anymore awkward! Knowing I'm probably going to be in this position for a while I lay my head against his chest listening to his strong heartbeat. A few minutes later I start to hear Derek's heart start to beat faster. I move my head and look up at his face, he starts making these whimpering sounds making me worry. I reach my hand out about to shake him to wake him up but before I can his hand shoots up and grabs my wrist tightly before his eyes shoot open.

He just looks at me, me probably looking like a deer in headlights. His grip gets looser and his breathing starts to go back to normal. I look into his eyes and see unshed tears that he tries to blink away but one slips, I reach up and wipe it away with my thumb.

"I'm sorry." He says letting go of my wrist.

"Are you ok?"

"Y-yeah."

"Was it a nightmare?"

"Yes."

"You scared me!"

"How'd I do that?" He asks looking down at me.

"Well I was just sitting here and then I hear you making some kind of whimpering noise and it scared me."

"Sorry about that."

"Do you want to tell me what it was about?"

"No."

"Alright."

"Um...question."

"What is it?"

"Why are you sitting on my lap?" He asks. I can't help but blush knowing it's totally awkward being in this position.

"I tried to get up but you pulled me back towards you by my waist and now we're here."

"Oh, sorry." He says letting go of my waist. A part of me disappointed but I get off of his lap and sit next to him.

"It's ok your a good person to cuddle with!" I say smiling at him, he looks at me and chuckles.

"Your really something else."

"Not really just like any other girl."

"No your not, your different."

"A good different or bad?"

"Definitely good." He says smiling. Gosh seeing him smile is like getting shocked. It surprises you and it hurts. It hurts because I can tell he probably doesn't smile that often and a shock because he has a gorgeous smile.