Chapter 1

"Maaaaayy!" I hear my lola (grandma) yell.

"Yes po?" I reply, twirling around as I do so.

"Your chauffeur is waiting for you outside, hurry up!" She basically pushes me out the door and I love her for that.

"You're not going to compliment me po? But I thought I look cute right now," I pout before kissing her on the cheeks.

"Yeah, yeah. You look gorgeous, just like your mother," her face falls but she gives me a big hug nonetheless.

We haven't really seen my mom in forever! She's in Japan working her butt off to support us but she's done more than enough. I just want her here in my arms doing what normal teenagers do in their typical teenage life. I'm very grateful for what my mom has been doing but she can just come home if she wanted to, seeing that we're so rich already.

"So, Miss Marydale-"

"Tito Jerome, I told you just call me Maymay, since you're older and I think that Marydale is too overrated and formal, you get me?" I grin.

"Yes, Miss- I mean Maymay," he laughs. "So is there any special guy in that big heart of yours?"

I look out the window and I can feel Tito Jerome looking at me, waiting for an answer. "Well... you know Tito, I don't really like anyone right now. Plus God comes first then family then friends and then of course, studies."

"Well aren't you a boring little girl?" He teases me and laughs, his face forming the cutest wrinkles.

Tito Jerome is the closest thing to a father-figure for me. I've never really met my dad, he left my mom when he found out that she was pregnant. Seriously though, why would you stick your penis inside a woman's vagina with no protection when you don't want any babies? But then I kinda need to thank him for doing the naughty with my mom, because if they haven't had done it then this beautiful girl right here wouldn't have existed.

Without me even noticing, Kuya Jerome fake coughs and tells me that we're here. I quickly thank him and say my goodbye, opening my car door and getting out.

I walk towards my first period class saying hi to everyone and grinning like I just won the lotto. I see my best friend Kirsten (a.k.a Kisses) standing by the door and her eyes lit up when she sees me.

"Kisseeeeeeeees!!" I shriek and run over to her, hugging her tight and she does the same thing. People looked over at us and laughed. They were so used to this by now. We always do this. We don't care if we've just seen each other yesterday, we miss each other pretty quickly.

"I have some news!" We both say at the same time and laugh even more.

"You go first," she tells me.

"Okay... so lola said it's fine, you can sleepover tonight and this weekend, seeing that it's Friday!" I grin.

"That's amazing! Well I have to text mom quickly so she knows about our plans!"

I nod and tell her to tell me her news in which her super happy face came back on her face.

"So... Marco-"

"Marco? As in Marco Gallo?" I squeak knowing that my best friend is madly in love with him.

"Yessss him! Anyway, so do you know how we said goodbye to each other yesterday before going our separate ways?"

"Yes, yes and yes. What happened?" I couldn't contain my excitement for her.

"He asked if I wanted to hang out with him sometime next week!" She was basically gushing every single word.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! This is great news! You have to tell me when so I can help you pick the perfect outfit!"

"Of course but oh my gosh! I'm just so excited!"

"I would be too!"

I would be if I had a guy whom I adore but I don't because I don't want to get hurt. I'm afraid that my heart will get broken. I didn't realise that the bell already rang while I was in my own little thought.

"I'll see you next period?" I smile.

"Surely!"

We do our best friend high five thing before I walk in my classroom and she walks to hers which wasn't very far from mine. I see Fenech waving at me and I quickly waddle over to her.

"Hey girl! You look sooo pretty right now! Loving the outfit," she compliments me.

"Thanks but you're looking smokin' as well!"

"Alright girls, you can stop talking about smokes right now," Mr. Domingo walks in and playfully glare at us.

"Good morning Mr. Dom," Fenech and I both chirp.

"Good morning girls and good morning class," he says the last part louder than the first, catching everyone's attention. "Before class starts, I just wanted to make a quick announcement. There's going to be a new student next week and I will be assigning a buddy for him. You know to show him around and everything."

"Is he like five or something? Why would someone need to be buddies with him?"

"Obviously not and because he's a bit, how should I say this, shy," Mr. Don half explains.

"So he's like a nerd?" Marco asks.

"Something like that," the teacher thoughtfully answers. "So does anyone want to volunteer?"

No one talks or even look his direction, including Fenech. I would normally throw my hands in the air and say that I volunteer but not this time.

Class ends quicker than I thought and as I was packing my stuff, Fenech and I talked about our weekend plans. I invited her to come to our little sleepover but unfortunately she's busy. As I was about to head out, Mr. Domingo calls my name and asks me to stay behind which I obey.

"So, I know that you're pretty busy with all the student council and everything else but I can't think of anyone else as nice or kind as you or someone who would actually be able to carry on this mission." He says, propping his elbows up on the table, his hands underneath his chin. I waited for him to continue but he didn't so I spoke.

"Do you want me to be buddies with the new student?"

"Yes, if you can," he stares at me. "So are you up for it?"

"Sure thing," I smile. Sometimes my mouth just can't say no.

"Great! That's all set then, you're dismissed."

I walk out of my class as another bell rang, signalling that our second class was starting. I head over to where Kisses is sitting after apologising and explaining to the teacher why I'm late.

"What took you so long?"

"I'll tell you later," I whisper.

"You better."

-----------------------------------

A/N:

How's that for a first chapter? Bad? Good? Hahaha.

Mahal ko kayo!