Chapter 3

We were heading towards our next class with Edward and Marco whispering to each other behind us.

"So how do you like Edward?" Kisses asks, suggestively wiggling her eyebrows.

"He's alright, I mean you know he has an attitude but he's alright," I smile.

"Sure, he's just alright," she laughs.

"What're you guys talking about?" Marco asks.

"Oh nothing," Kisses and I say in unison and Edward glares at us.

Marco arrives in his class and waves goodbye before walking in. We walk a little more before reaching our class with Edward just behind us. Kisses and I took our usual seat up the front whilst Edward gets stopped by Mrs. Rodriguez in front of the class to introduce himself.

"Do I really have to?" He sighs out of boredom.

"Of course you do," she gives him a stern smile.

"Well my name is Edward and I hate school and my parents just freaking forced me to be here right now," he says before smirking at the teacher. "Was that good enough for you?"

"Watch it Mr. Barber," Mrs. Rodriguez tells him just as he takes a seat down the back.

"So we're starting today with choosing partners for our next assignment," our teacher begins and everyone cheers. "No, you won't get to pick your partner," she continues and the whole class groans in annoyance.

"I will begin to work around and see who'll be great partners and I should be able to tell you by the end of this class," she explains. "The assignment is pretty simple," she says while walking around and giving everyone their task sheets.

She places one in front of me and I immediately pick it up to read it. The heading caught my eyes which said in big, block letters, BIOGRAPHIES.

"As you all can see at the top of the page, we're learning about Biographies. Don't ask me why we're learning about this because if you ask me this is for grade five students," she says and everyone laughs.

"Anyway, as I have said before the task is simple. Follow along on your sheets please. The task is really quite self-explanatory, in this assignment, you will be required to write the life story of someone else. As you all may guess, that someone will be the partner that I will be assigning you later on. By the end of this, you guys should know a lot about each other. You can read the rest of the instructions to yourselves."

I picked up where she left off and saw that we had to present our biographies to the class. To get to know everyone even more. We had a month to this and by the end of the month everyone will be presenting with their partners. After presenting, we will have to give the teacher our biographies and she will be making questions up to quiz us about our chosen partner.

This task IS really simple. How hard could this be?

A few moments later Mrs. Rodriguez stands up again with an A4 paper in hand.

"Alright class, silent!"

Everyone's conversations slowly died down until no one else was talking.

"Okay, so I will begin by saying the names and then I want you to move next to that person and that will be your seat until this assignment is over. Understood?"

A chorus of 'yes' was heard throughout the classroom.

"Let's begin with Abigail and Draymond," she says and I see Abigail blush. "Kisses and Cassie," I look over at Kisses and she smiles before walking over next to Cassie. "James and Cory, Carla and Brenton, Alisha and Trent..." a few more minutes later everyone's names were called out and it was only Edward and I left. "Marydale, as you can probably have guessed you're with Edward, principal Pines made it clear to always make you guys partner as you're helping him out or something?"