c h a p t e r • 4

Celeste didn't expect to see Newt Scamander and Jacob Kowalski during her stroll down the streets of New York, so when she was mindlessly look at the ground, walking blindly, she was more than surprised to bump into Newt who was heading the direct opposite way, which sent them both tumbling down onto the pavement.

Newt landed on top of Celeste, causing her to let out a panicked yelp and for a stream of apologies to flow out of Newt's mouth until...

"Sorry--wait, Celeste?!"

"Hello to you too." Celeste grumbled, getting up and patting herself down, finally checking to see if her wand didn't magically disappear out of existence because believe her, she absolutely treasured her wand.

"Why in the name of Merlin's pants are you here?" Celeste asked.

"I could ask the same for you!" 

"Well.. I got bored of drinking Queenie's hot cocoa so I came out," Celeste sarcastically said, shrugging. "Not that I don't like it or anything.. Queenie's cooking is amazing." She added, seeing the look on Jacob's face.

"So, what brings you here, then?" Celeste questioned Newt.

"I was just going to look for my niffler."

"Oh, well let's..." Celeste trailed off when she turned her head to see a frozen niffler inside a jewelry store, trying to act as a statuette. The jewels the niffler was meant to 'promote' slipped off his fluffy arm, landing on the stand with a loud crash.

Celeste raised an eyebrow.

The niffler ran off the stand, landing a kick-start when Celeste reached for her wand and said:

"Finestra." The glass broke, and, both Newt and Celeste squeezed through the window and started scrambling to look for the niffler.

"You know," Celeste said between pants. "we should give the niffler a name."

"Are you really suggesting that now?" Newt sounded incredulous.

"I'm just sayin'."

Newt didn't reply, and, spotting the niffler on the chandelier, made a jump for it and, hanging off the chandelier, spun it around in an attempt for the niffler to fall off. 

Celeste ran stupidly for the niffler, and, despite her short figure, managed to grab hold of the niffler before the chandelier fell and she had to dodge it, letting go of the niffler.

Newt chased after the niffler, knocking down various cupboards and shelves as Celeste tried helping him, until, somehow, Newt ended up knocking a certain cupboard with a certain niffler on it, and, along with Celeste holding on for dear life on Newt's back, and Newt holding onto the cupboard, they all fell towards the window, the shelf with the strange group of people--and niffler, crashing against the window. Surprisingly, the glass didn't give, and silence fell upon the group in nervousness.

Celeste held her breath.

The glass cracked, and the three of them eyed the crack line forming down the window.

Then it shattered.

Celeste felt herself hover in the air for a moment before hitting the cold hard ground, lying there for 2 seconds before scrambling up and making a wild grab for the niffler, who was running away.

"Accio!" Newt yelled, pointing the wand and summoning the niffler.

The niffler glided through the air, jewels flying around it as they fell out of his endless pocket.

Celeste, getting hit by these jewels, hid behind Jacob, who was trying to shield the shiny objects with Newt's case.

Newt, instead of hiding, determinedly dodged most of the jewels, and chased after the niffler who for some reason was going the opposite way.

The niffler made a grab for a pole, spinning around it once before crashing into the glass of another store upside down, the glass wobbling for a moment before attaching to the niffler.

"One down, two to go," Newt confirmed. "thanks." He mentioned to Celeste.

Celeste, looking completely over with life, stared at Newt.

"There's more?"

But at that moment, police cars arrived at the scene. Newt, who was trying to shake the jewels out of the niffler, looked up at the sound of the beeping noises coming from the cars.

"They went that way officer." Said Jacob, in a vain way to try to save the group.

"Hands. Up!" The glass that Newt had taken the niffler from chose this exact time to shatter, not to mention that they were all covered in jewelry.

"The hell is that?" An officer said, looking strangely at the niffler who was still wiggling in Newt's hand.

Newt stuffed the niffler into his inner coat pocket.

"L-Lion." Jacob said.

All heads turned the other way to see a random lion coming down the street, growling.

"Bloody hell." Celeste cursed.

"New York is considerably more interesting than I expected." Newt admitted.

"Considerably?"

But before Newt had the chance to answer, he had already grabbed Celeste by the waist (which she had relished the moment for a second) and Jacob's arm before Apparating out of the place.

×

Jacob, Newt, and Celeste all dashed for who-knows-where, until suddenly, an ostrich ran past the bridge, separating Newt and Celeste from Jacob.

All of them stared in confusion as it sprinted off into the distance, and, Newt, being the first one to recover from the surprise, brought out a leather helmet and passed it to Jacob.

"Put this on."

Jacob, examining it for a moment, asked:

"Why would I have to wear something like this?"

"Because your skull is susceptible to breakage under immense force." He answered matter-of-factly.

"And mine isn't?" Celeste said.

"You have a wand, Cel." Newt said.

"Right." 

He pulled Celeste's arm, and, ran off, dragging her along while poor Jacob followed behind whilst putting on the helmet.

They stopped in front of an abandoned zoo, a loud growl coming from inside.

"Right, if, you just, um," Newt put a chest protector on Jacob. "put this on."

"Okay..." Jacob said, eyes widening and patting at the chest protector to test it.

"There's absolutely nothing for you to worry about." Newt tried to reassure, failing miserably.

"Tell me does anyone believe you if you tell them not to worry?"

"Hmm, I like you, you're not dumb." Celeste joked, pretending to miss the.. Jealous look? That flashed across Newt's face for a second. It was hopeless to even think about it, no way Newt would be jealous for her. But at that moment she realized.

She really, really, liked Newton Artemis Fido Scamander.

×

that moment of realization ;3 i changed my name to fbawtfttrashx, what do you think? hahha don't ask i have a thing for x :) enjoyyy x

vote~

        comment~

                           share~

                                       FOLLOWWWW 💕

- cas xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx