c h a p t e r • 6

The entire way to Newt, Celeste, and Tina's death, Tina kept sobbing. Celeste, still furious with Mr. Graves, was silently fuming, while Newt kept quiet.

When they reached the door to a completely white room, Tina pleaded:

"Don't do this Bernadette, please.."

There was a dark pool in the room, with a chair suspended in mid-air.

"It don't hurt." Bernadette tried to reassure.

Tina was sobbing, trying in vain to calm herself down.

Her sobbing became louder, and Bernadette pointed a wand at her head, a millimeter away from her head...

"Stop!"

All heads turned to Celeste.

"I-I'll do it first." She stuttered nervously.

"What, no! I'll go fir--" Newt panicked.

"--Don't stall, Ms. Edgecombe has volunteered first, therefore she will go first." Bernadette said.

And when Celeste walked past Tina, Tina gave her a look of the utmost gratitude, resulting in a meek smile from Celeste as she walked in front.

Celeste turned around one last time to be met with the worried and panicked look on Newt's face, his eyes a little red and puffy, and gave him what was meant to be a reassuring smile, but wasn't really all that reassuring. Then she spun back around just in time for Bernadette to press the wand against her head and pull out a happy memory.

Celeste felt deprived.

In a trance-like state, Celeste did not see when Bernadette threw her memory into the pool, but did see in the pool a young version of her running in Hogwarts with young Leta and young Newt. It was after school hours, and they were free to do whatever they liked, but instead of working in the common room, Newt and Celeste had met up with the Slytherin girl and started chasing each other, playing tag.

Celeste let out short huffs of laughter, eyes glued to the scene in front of her, unaware of the look of surprise and sadness on Newt's face.

"Don't that look good?" Bernadette said, trying to lure Celeste into the pool.

Celeste smiled at the scene.

"You wanna get in?"

Celeste nodded slowly, as the chair that had been hovering in mid-air a while ago was right next to her, and she sat on impulse. The chair left the floor and she found herself right on top of the pool, sitting on the chair, eyes unmoving.

But the smile disappeared from her face when she found herself following after Leta who was dragging Newt, into the forbidden forest. She watched her entire history unfold, as the once stationary obscurus flew out of Hogwarts, harming a fellow Hogwarts student. A timeskip, and Leta, looking satisfied with herself, was following a furious looking Headmaster towards Newt and Celeste who were carrying the wounded man up to Hogwarts. 

Another timeskip, and she saw herself in Mary Lou's house, slowly walking up the stairs with Tina to find Credence being abused by Mary Lou, and, Tina, just as furious with Mary Lou as Celeste, had pulled the belt from Mary Lou's hand.

"Stupefy!" Celeste had yelled, and when Mary Lou fell, Celeste and Tina ran to Credence and tried to comfort his trembling figure.

Celeste didn't notice, too into watching her memories, when Newt had unlocked Tina's shackles and they both attacked the two witches.

But when one of the witches' wand fell in the pool, she was snapped out of her trance, looking at the scene in front of her, a Swooping Evil flying around her while the pool below her turned metallic and started to form a circle around the seat Celeste was in.