"For those who try,"

Percy's POV

Leo scratched his neck, "Well, it would be easier to show you in my cabin, right Jason?"

Jason stared at Leo with raised eyebrows, "I don't see how it would make a di-"

Leo elbowed Jason in the stomach and headed off in the direction of his cabin, leaving Jason and I to trail behind him. I glanced down at my watch Tyson had given me and checked the time.

2:41 PM

I blinked, that couldn't be right, could it? I stared at the clock as the little handle went around. My dyslexia wasn't tricking me, and that meant I was late.

"Leo!" I called, he skidded to a stop and quickly turned around to face me. "I have to go help Will with something, do you mind?"

He grinned at me, "Nah, Perce, it can wait. What about after campfire tonight?"

I gave him a positive nod and started to run in the direction of the Apollo Cabin after calling a quick goodbye to the pair.

For the second time today, I discovered how slippery the dewy grass could be. I landed on my side and groaned, rubbing the arm I landed on as I carefully stood back up.

I reluctantly walked over to the Apollo Cabin and knocked on the door. I heard a crashing sound and a hushed sting of curses. After a few moments, Will Solace opened the cabin's door.

I gaped at the room. It was literally a death trap for anything that disliked light. The ceiling depicted the sun chariot's path across the sky in bright shining paints, the walls were a sparkling gold - only blocked by it's inhabitants' possessions that were pushed up against the wall. The floor and all of the furnishings and belongings were the most normal thing about the cabin; bows, instruments and beds lining the interior of the cabin.

"Wow," I rubbed my bad arm. "This place is basically a Death to Di Angelo sanctuary."

"Oh well." Will shrugged. "Now, come on! I need you to show me your song you were playing earlier!"

My eyes widened in shock, I didn't realise that anyone had been listening to me yesterday. Nervously, I ran a hand through my messy hair, "Do I have to?"

"Yes." Will grabbed a guitar and handed to me, "As a son of Apollo, I need to listen to it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Percy, I am sure."

"I'm not very good at it."

"Well you were yesterday, and quite frankly, I don't care. Just play the stupid song already!"

I sighed, fumbling to put my fingers on the right frets. I quickly glanced around the room, uncomfortable with my performance.

Down-Down-Up-Up-Down-Up.

I started to strum the chords to the song, humming along as I tried to find a suitable rhythm. It was a performance, after all.

I played the chords around one more time and greedily sucked in air.

"Demigods, seem to find out early,
That their lives will always end in tragedy.
For those who try,
To escape their des-"

I stopped as Austin burst through the cabin doors. He bent over with his hands on his knees, panting. "Frank and.. Hazel.. At camp.. Borders by.. Thalia's tree."

I hurriedly passed Will the guitar and rushed towards Half-Blood Hill, shouting a thanks to the two sons of Apollo over my shoulder.