"Lost control again."

Percy's POV

When I woke up, it was cold. The Poseidon Cabin always was now.

That underlay another reason I was leaving, when the gods searched my memories 'without my knowing'  (I knew they did, it kind of hurt that they didn't trust me but honestly, I didn't care). My father, Posiedon, was the only one to look through my memories of the pit, with an overly dramatic reaction from him.

During my time with Alkhys, I had allowed my darkness to get out, Tartarus making it stronger. I had lost control, but the fact was, I liked it. Not worrying for once, not forcing myself to be the good guy, it was nice- no, evil is not nice- it was a sick kind of fun.

Unfortunately, when the gods searched my memories, they also received my thoughts during each of these memories. Poseidon had seen my darkness.
He had later confronted me, it ended with him writhing on the floor while I controlled his ichor. I had lost control again.

Poseidon angrily had told me to leave and I knew what those words implied as I felt all my blood connections with him fade - but he couldn't take my connection to the sea and water away, though I led him to think he did.

He had disowned me.

I knew I was pushing it to stay in the cabin after the unfortunate confrontation, but I had to finish the plans to make CHB safe. Each night in the cabin it became colder, as if the Sea God were trying to freeze me, but it didn't work. The cold always has made me feel more alive, more so than water, as it was an old friend to me.

When I woke up I stumbled out of my bunk before cursing out the Sea God. The temperature didn't affect me but the icy frost that formed on the ground did (yes he did make it that cold) and it was a large annoyance. I reached under my bunk and grabbed my rucksack, it was enchanted by the Hectate Cabin to feel weightless when I wore it as a favour for clearing their mother's name in the Titan War II, it was also nearly limitless to how much it could hold. I started to stuff my things into it, images and names starting to whirl through my head.

I stuffed in my t-shirts - Bianca di Angelo charged into Talos.

I pushed in my hoodies - Zoë Nightshade faded into the stars.

I stuffed in all of my hidden books - Castor fell at the battle of the Labyrinth.

I placed in my Minotaur Horn - Charles Beckendorf and Silena Beuregaurd danced with each other at the campfire, laughing and happy.

I finally finished packing everything away but something I had almost forgotten caught my eyes. Under my bag, just poking out, was my dulled silver locket. It held my biggest secret.

For old times sake, I rubbed it between my forefinger and thumb three times before opening it, it was a joke that Luke and I had made before he turned evil and it had stuck with me even now.

I carefully prised it open to reveal the photo that captured me and my first love kissing.

It wasn't Annabeth.

It definitely wasn't Rachel.

It was Luke.