one // the beautiful spain

"We're going to land, fasten your seatbelts please!" It was going to be my first time ever in Spain. I was really excited, since it was also my first trip without my parents and with my best friend Fay.

"Amelie! I'm so excited for this vacation! I planned to go to the beach today and tomorrow we maybe could go to the city or something? Or no, tomorrow we should go the art-gallery! Or better: to the museum or-"

I put my hand on her arm and started laughing. "Calm down! We're on holiday! We should just enjoy it, and not worry about anything!"

Fay smiled at me and she said: "You're right. I guess I'm just really happy to be here, and especially with you! But what I really hope," she said, "is that I maybe, just maybe, can see Manu Rios on this island.."

Uh-oh, there we go again! Fay likes Manu Rios waaaaaay too much. And when I say waaaaaay too much, I mean like really way to much. She talks about him every single day.

The plane finally landed, and we put our first footsteps on the Spanish ground.

It was July, so it was really hot on the island. On the airport, there were a lot of palmtrees, and the sun burned on my skin. We got our luggage and we went outside. There was a buss waiting to take us to the hotel. It was a 30 minutes drive.

We were already laughing the entire time, until the chauffor yelled at us in a language we didn't understand (Spanish I guess) That was pretty funny, until he stopped and told us to get out of the buss. Fay was a little angry but we knew it was our own fault so we just stepped out the buss.

The only problem was, we didn't really knew where we were. "Oh great, were on a Spanish island, 20 minutes from our hotel, God may know in which city!" "Calm down, this is an adventure! Let's just go to the beach and take a swim" And so we did. We put on our bikini's behind a corner, and we went to the beach. We left our luggage on the beach, and we went to the sea.

I dived into the ocean straightaway. The cold water cooled my skin, and it was flowing trough my hair. I was already far into the ocean when I breathed again above the water. Suddenly I noticed that Fay was still on the sand. Something was wrong. Her mouth fell open as she was pointing to something behind me. I turned around slowly and what I saw horrified me.
There was a big, grey, shark fin 5 feet in front of me.

I looked around me and saw that everyone was out of the water. I had a panic attack and I suddenly didn't know how to swim. As I was struggling to stay above the water, I saw the shark come closer and closer, as he was going faster. I heard Fay crying and a lot of people were screaming. The shark was now really close to me, and I knew I wasn't going to make it. I kept fighting to drowning, until I felt something around my waist. I closed my eyes, prepared for the pain, but surprisingly, it didn't hurt. I looked to my left and I saw a handsome boy, who was swimming for his life, and taking me with him. It took a second until I realised it: the boy who was saving me was Manu Rios, Fay's crush since she was 14 years old.

**************************
okay so this is really shitty but i promise the book will get better!
love you guys,
xxx