two // from the first moment we met

I didn't really knew what was happening, it all happened so fast.
The boy pulled me closer to his body as he was swimming towards the beach.

For a millisecond, he decided to look at me. I saw his eyes for the first time up close. Suddenly everything around me seemed to slow down.

His eyes were so breathtaking. Blue, green, a little bit of grey and a sparkle of brown, and yet so beautiful.

His hair was wet and pretty messy and I had to admit, he looked very handsome.

I heard Fay scream from the coast, and I immediately realised again what was happening. I convinced myself to turn my head around to look behind me, and I saw that the shark had returned to the depths of the ocean.

I took a deep breath.

We arrived at the beach and Manu let go of me. He was out of breath and dropped himself on the hot sand. A little smile curled around his lips when he saw me looking at him.

Fay helped me get up, she was totally shaking. "Are you okay? I thought you were going to die! Oh my god Amelie don't ever do that to me again!"

"It's okay, I'm fine now" I whispered, staring at the ground.

And then, Fay realised who rescued me. Her mouth fell open and she was just standing there; not knowing what to do. I stumbled towards Manu to thank him for saving my life.

He sat down and his arms were resting on his knees, he was really calm, like nothing special just happened.

"Hey-" I began to say, until he looked up at me with his confusing eyes, and suddenly I didn't know what to say. All I could do was look at his marvellous face, while he was looking at mine.

"I uhm... I like your-... uhm I mean-" I stuttered.

He bit his lower lip to hold back a smile.

He slowly got up. He looked me right in the eyes while speaking. "It's okay.."

He slowly ran his finger down my arm, and all of the sudden, my heart made a little jump and my stomach was full of butterflies. I felt my cheeks redden so I broke eye contact and looked at the ground awkwardly.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and someone stepped beside me. "Hey I am Fay and I've been waiting for this moment my entire life and finally it's here!"

Manu gave me a speaking look and smiled at Fay, showing his perfect teeth. "Hey, it's really nice to meet you too!"

They talked for a couple minutes, and I don't know why but I felt really bad about it, I wish he was talking to me... I decided to walk back to our bags, since Fay wasn't paying any attention to me.

When I put a few steps towards our luggage, I heard someone yell. Manu came running towards me. I immediately stopped. "I'm sorry-... " "Don't worry" I answered. He ran his fingers trough his dark brown hair, looking me in the eyes.

"I thought, maybe we could hang out sometime..?" the boy suggested.

I warmed up inside. "I would really like that!" I said happily. "I owe you!" I laughed. "Do you have a phone?" Manu asked. "Yes, wait a minute-.."

"Manu why did you run away?" Suddenly Fay stood beside me.

"Oh, I see you're exchanging phone numbers! I guess you want to have mine too?"

Manu looked very confused and didn't knew what to answer. For the first time in my life, I wish Fay wasn't there, that she didn't existed in this moment.