five // surprise visitor

A couple hours later, in the hotel restaurant

Fay sips from her cocktail. "I also love the beachbar, I mean, there's this like really hot bartender, and his name is Darren, and he-..." Fay stops talking. I don't really notice it. "Erm Amelie? Are you actually listening?"

I woke up from my thoughts as I heard my name. "Sorry," I say guilty. "You've been so absent all night, are you sure there's nothing?"

Of course there is something, called Manu Rios. The most confusing guy I've ever met. But I can't tell Fay of course. "No, there's nothing, I just have a bit of jet lag."
Fay still looks worried. "If there is anything, you know that you can always tell-" Fay begins, but her phone interrupts her. She takes her phone out of her bag and smiles when the screen lights up. My heart starts beating faster; it can't be a message from... "It's a message of Manu!" Fay says, smiling.

You have to be kidding me.

How can this boy do this? First kiss a girl, than message another one.

"What does he send you?"
Fay doesn't answer me.
"Fay? Hello? What does he send you?"
She starts typing a new message, smiling non-stop.

"FAY ADELINE WILLIAMS"

I scream trough the entire restaurant.

She startled and almost let her phone fall.

"Ally, why did you do that!"
she whispers, a little annoyed.
I roll my eyes.

"Maybe you can actually answer me when I ask you a question?"
"Sorry," Fay said while giggling.
He asks if I want to meet him tomorrow! You really don't know how happy I am, this is really my biggest dream coming true!

She looks so happy.

I try to be genuinely happy for her, but I can't. "Do you mind to be alone for a moment tomorrow?"
I shake my head. "No, don't worry about me, I will go explore the hotel or something."
"I love you so much!" Fay said as she gives me a hug. "I love you too, but now stop the sticky stuff," I laugh.

"Oh, I think I see Darren over there!" Fay says.
"I'm going over to him!"
"I shall already go back to the hotel room," I suggest, but Fay is already gone.

I grab my bag and stand up.

Maybe this trip isn't going to be as great as I thought it was.

I leave the restaurant and start walking towards the main building.

I climb the stairs to the entrance and step into the elevator.
I press the button to the 3rd floor and wait till the elevator departs. I bite my lip when I notice that my thoughts are going back to Manu.
I shake my head and forbid myself to think about the boy any longer.
He is not worth it.

The elevator makes a beeping sound, we arrive on the third floor.

I cast a quick glance in the mirror to make sure I look okay and step out of the elevator. But when I walk towards our room, I feel that something is not right.

The door of our room is open, and I am 100% sure that I closed it.

I get goose bumps and my heart starts to beat faster when I get closer.

This is not good.

Should I go in? Or maybe I should go to the reception?
But the potential burglar might be already gone then!
If there is someone, I have to catch him in the act.
I'm slowly look around the corner.

I see a boy, dark haired, with black Converse sneakers and a white spot on it.

Manu.

He is rummaging in Fay's suitcase.
I walk into the room, and stand with my hands at my side behind him.

"What do you think you're doing?"

***
short chapter i'm sorry but i've been really busy with school!
i wanted to thank you guys for +150 reads! it really makes me happy :))
thanks for reading my authors note and see you next week
(p.s: manu's jawline on the picture i can't omlll)