Art; 10

I was being honest with Arthur when I had said I would take him to his parents graveyard. I was honest when I explained that we were going to see my parents for Christmas. I was even purely honest when I mentioned him staying here with me.

However long it takes or even until we tear each other apart.

I would stay let him stay with me until he got tired of it, or decided differently. I just knew for sure that I wouldn't let him leave until I knew he were stable.

He just seemed so shock. I couldn't tell if it was because of how nice I was being or maybe no one had ever done something like this for him. It upset me how no one saw how amazing he was or even take time to accept him in general. Possibly just stop and talk to the beautiful kid smoking in an alleyway, or stop and stare.

I felt like I was closer to Arthur and could understand him better at times when he would seem upset, or just in general. It was like we now had this even closer emotional bond and you stomach swirling in the pit of my stomach was warming me up and felt good for once. It wasn't like a raging tornado of everything bad.

I had convinced him how it was a simple mistake. I'm glad how I saw him bright up later and smile, even thank me. I was right after all. It was simple flaw that had been caused just by something natural -something that got in the way. No, it was not something stupid. It wasn't planned out and it wasn't meant to happen. You have to be the dumbest person alive to think that something that terrible was meant to happen -whether it was for the better or worse. And I'm even selfish and terrible -dumb even- but I don't have the obicity to think that something so upsetting was meant to happen. Whether by the plan of 'God' or a Satan himself. It was a simple flaw, nothing gets planned out. No one gets to plan out how you die and just accept it as okay. One thing leads to another, it doesn't just pop out of the middle of nowhere.

And some people just take it too far.

Think about it the next time you tell some poor child that their grandma was meant to die. That she was meant to crash and burn at an unresonable age of 63. 'God just planned it out that way'.

I shook my head, pulling my sweater over and turning to see Arthur ready. Dressed in black dress pants and wearing a beige colored sweater that was a little longer. I smiled at him, gesturing him out the door and down to where my car was parked on the side of the road. I can't explain how many kids run into it while casually biking down the sidewalk.

When we got inside the car, I started driving toward the cemetery, being careful of the snow fall. I could tell Arthur was nervous being in a car again, probably even worse knowing he would get to go see his parents. Possibly even worse with having to meet mine. What if he doesn't like the idea all along? No, there wasn't a simple doubt in his eyes when he had nodded in conformation.

A few times I would glance over and see the glint from the street lamps reflecting perfectly from his eyes. They gave them such a soft color and it was so amazing.

As we grew closer, I could feel nervousness growing in my chest and the intense feeling of Arthur getting more stiff.

"Are you sure?" I asked quietly, glancing over at him but quickly back to the road.

"Yeah," He mumbled, running a hand through his dark hair and nervously looking out the window.

When I had pulled into the side of the cemetery he slowly got out and I smoothly grabbed his hand as we started walking through the gate. To let him know it was going to be okay.

The air was chilly and the dark facade made this entire thing more eerie than I would've liked. We trudged on quietly, quiet footsteps through the snow and the gentle breeze of cold air.