Chapter 3-He's a Labrador Retriever and I'm his squishy chew toy

I'd say we'd kept our distance in the past few days at school but to be honest I never even saw him there once. Even though I never texted him due to my lack of technology, he had somehow got hold of my only phone number and then tracked down my address with it. Creepy right? I don't even know how he tracked me down, it's like he's a Labrador Retriever and I'm his squishy chew toy. He did everything he could just to find me.

Let me explain.

Exactly 15 hours ago, I had caught sight of a funny suspicious-looking guy in a suit with a black trench coat on, standing across the road from the school in an inconspicuous place under a big tree with low hanging branches. He was wearing big sunglasses looking up and around the place where he stood, pretending to be interested looking at the big tree had a fluffy white toy poodle at his feet. I almost laughed out loud at how contradictory they were. But it was the way he kept glancing at me from above the rim of his glasses when he thought I wasn't looking that got me nervous, the how he freezes in mid-walk whenever I look at him that I went all into crazy stealth mode, walking through creepy alleyways and shortcuts to get home quickly and confuse the guy. I was almost certain that he was following me or else why would he be looking at me so much?

I could finally relax when I walked through front door of my sweet sweet home, dropping my 10 kilo bag to the floor and throwing myself onto the comfy sofa, immersing myself in all it's heavenly softness. After a hard labouring day at school, my eyelids are so heavy that I'm not fighting to resist it any longer, all I need is a good nap...

Something unlocked and a door suddenly crashed open, causing my eyelids to immediately fly open and look at the source of the sound. Terror coursed through my veins as I made out a dark silhouette at the entrance of my front door, my eyes still adjusting to the bright light streaming in through the door.

"Miss Melanie Stone?" a voice said through the light.

"Yes?" I replied on reflex. My eyes landed on a man in a suit struggling with two large suitcases, one in each hand.

"Just leave those at the door here." a young man with golden brown hair, about 5ft 7 instructed the guy in the black suit. "Tell Dad I went to do a tour of the world and won't be back until I've found what I was looking for."

"And may I ask what is it you were looking for, Master Delaurier?

"Something rare. Now go." he ordered.

"Yes sir. Please take care." the man said and left, closing the door behind him.

The guy that stayed turned to look at me. If it wasn't for what his man servant said just then, I wouldn't have recognised him with those Ray Bans concealing his eyes and the sick mask across his face.

"LEON DELAURIER! WHAT THE H-"

He flew to my side in a flash and clamped his hand over my mouth forcing me shut up.

"Shhh, trying to be discreet here ya see?" he said, motioning to his face.

I gave a muffled answer. I was way too aware of his closeness to move. His hand was so soft and warm on my lips and I struggling to keep focus on what I was going to say.

He let go and instantly I felt cold without his touch. I bite back on my lips to hide my disappointment.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, hoping he didn't notice what he just did to me.

"Tomorrow is the first of next month, roomie." he said as he squeezed my shoulders in an slightly affectionate hug.

"Oh." I had forgotten already. He had caught me off-guard, and once again I was rendered speechless save for single syllable words. He smelt so good just then...something cinnamonny and Christmassy. I felt myself relax and forget everything for a second.

"Hellooo?" He waved a hand in front of my face to get my attention.

I quickly composed myself and stood up, holding out my hand to him.

"Welcome to the Stone threshold, make yourself feel at home." I said. He took my hand, and instead of shaking it he pulled me towards him.

He's full of surprises isn't he?

"Don't worry I will." he smirked.

"Wait. How did you get in? And how did you even find my address?"

"School office." he replied simply as if it answered everything.

Something is really off about this guy.

"Come again?" I said, as I started getting suspicious.

"I got your home phone number from the school office and used the area codes to track down your address, then hired a detective to double check the address and to also find out which number the apartment was."

"Wait, the school office doesn't give out personal information just like that. And that doesn't explain how you got in..." I trailed off.

I started freaking out as I realised what this guy was capable of. This guy was dangerous.

"Not when there's family crisis and you're my distant cousin."

"I don't have any cousins..." And then it hit me. He's all pretend and not real. He's gone through all that to get a room and not me. That means he wasn't stalking me but only stalked the info that could get him to his room. Phew!

But hold on, what did he just say?

"YOU TOLD THE SCHOOL WE'RE BLOOD RELATED?"

"Woah, keep it down will ya? Everyone wants me. Consider it my little housewarming gift to you. You'll see.

And I did see.