Hit the fan

It was around 8pm when my mom started getting worried as to why Dani wasn't at home yet but Britt was still at ours. My mom, Britt, and I sat in the kitchen just waiting. Oh, let me not forget to mention I was getting bitched at the whole time by my mom.
"And another thing ! How DARE  you leave school without my poor Dani! It was raining ! Heck, it was even cold! But instead you bring this..this good for nothing-okay now let me stop." My mom said After her rant. She put her hand to her chest and took a seat.
I looked over at her drinking a glass of water. "..are you done yelling at me yet?"
I've never seen my mom so angry before as she slammed her glass down, reach over the table and slapped me silly.
Just then we heard a car approach the front yard. We froze in the positions we were already in; where my mom had her right hand raised to hit me again, while her left was grasping my collar, and me trying to shield myself from being hit continuously. And you known Britt just sitting their on her phone like she could give to fucks. In came Dani with puffy glossy eyes and a new set of clothes on that she didn't have this morning.
I rushed to the door to apologize to her but Terry appeared out of nowhere and blocked me.
Terry and my eyes were fixed on each other as the two of us couldn't say a word. Dani wiped away a shredded tear and proceeded up the stairs. Of course, being the man I thought I was; tried to quickly follow behind. Terry grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back.
"Mam', if it's okay I'd like to go check on her before she goes to bed." My mom nodded and he glanced at me before chasing after her.
I couldn't believe this. We lived under the same roof but yet I still felt so far away from her.
I went back to the kitchen table and slouched in my chair. I just felt like their wasn't a point anymore. No point in trying, crying, or even just bothering to try. I was so unmotivated just like I am to finish the rest of the school year. Britt came to my side and caressed my hair, then leaned my head to her chest. "It's okay, Lucas. I'm here, it's okay. I love you."
I looked up at her and smiled, then I saw my mom hGiving me a cruel look of disappointment before heading up the stairs.

~all I remember was leaning on britts chest then knocking out. She was nowhere in sight when I had woke up. I checked my phone, not even a text from her. The time read 12:06am.  I got up, stretched and headed to my room. But I had forgotten to check on Dani, so I walked towards her door. I quietly opened the door to see her cuddled up in her covers with her stuffed animals. She's got so many of those. A smile spread across my face. I examined her room and noticed some bright red underwear hanging out the bottom or her covers. 
I tip toed over there and picked it up to speculate it. Damn I was creeping
I figured she just liked to sleep free and launched the underwear into her laundry basket. I heard movement so I turned back around to see her sleeping peacefully. But the movement wasn't coming from her? Terry..
Terry opened his eyes and scanned the room for something, probably his phone. But when he saw me, that's when shit hit the fan.

Hoped you liked this short chapter !
-Yensie