News

The next day...

The kids had just gotten out of school, and Arcee and Bulkhead had gone to pick them up. It never occurred to them that they didn't know about what had happened to Bumblebee yet.

Bulkhead got back a few minutes after Arcee did, and let Raf and Miko out before he transformed.

"How is he?" The large bot asked as he walked over to Ratchet, who was working on his computer.

"Still hasn't woken up from his nap, though I don't expect he'll sleep much longer."

"Whatcha talking about?" Miko asked, leaning against the railing precariously.

Bulkhead glanced at Ratchet before responding. "Bumblebee."

"Yeah, I was wondering," Raf frowned as he walked over next to Miko. "Where is he? Is Bee okay?" Ratchet was about to answer, when the sound of electronic whining rang out from the backrooms.

"Looks like he's awake," Ratchet said with a very small smile, turning away from the computer to go and check on him.

"Who's awake?" Jack asked, looking up from his homework.

"Bumblebee," Arcee answered simply. The kids shared a look, suddenly a little worried about their friend.

Ratchet opened the door to Bee's room, his audio-receptors protesting at the child's high pitched crying. After closing the door behind him, he went over to the crib and picked up the crying sparkling. Seeming to recognize it was him, Bumblebee quickly calmed down and snuggled up to him. Ratchet chuckled and hugged him gently as he turned and walked back out into the main room. The kids had started playing a videogame and talking amongst themselves. Bee perked up a little when they got close enough to hear Raf's voice and cooed softly, watching the boy as he played a race car game with Miko.

"I don't mean to interrupt your game," Ratchet said with a small smirk. "But someone wanted to see you."

The kids paused the game and turned to see what Ratchet was talking about, and gasped, staring at the tiny yellow and black sparkling in the medic's arms.

"Is that..." Raf blinked. "Bee?"

Bumblebee laughed and grabbed Ratchet's thumb, sticking it in his mouth.

"Hey," Ratchet smirked, pulling his finger out and handing him a random tool off the work table. A wrench. Bumblebee giggled as he stuck that in his mouth, and then wacked it against Ratchet's chest.

"Ookay, not that again," Ratchet sighed, taking the wrench back from the child, which quickly made him cry again.

"Wait, how did Bee turn into a baby?" Miko frowned.

"Unfortunately, we are not quite sure," Ratchet sighed as he looked for something to pacify the screaming sparkling. "Though it is likely connected to whatever was in that vial, and-- Smokescreen will you come here? I don't have enough hands!"

"Uh, sure, Ratch," Smokescreen walked over and ended up holding Bumblebee while the medic put together another 'energon-pop'.

"But if that stuff made Bee little, why isn't it affecting us?" Jack wondered, watching Ratchet skewer a small piece of energon and walk back over. Ratchet paused for a moment as he remembered that the kids had been the ones to clean out most of the stuff that had gotten on Bumblebee's interior. Why didn't it affect them?

Bumblebee yelled and reached out for the energon-pop, making it hard for Smokescreen to hold him safely. Ratchet snapped out of his thoughts and stuck the energon in the child's mouth, instantly making him happy again.