Chapter Six - VIP

I walk out to the temporarily empty main floor where I see other waitresses preparing their sections. There are a couple bartenders wiping down the bar and stocking the shelves, Carlos is among them. He looks up and spots me, giving a nod of encouragement before focusing back on the bar manager talking at him.

Crossing the dance floor I find the stairs leading up to the VIP area and private rooms. A stoic security guard is standing at a velvet rope blocking the entrance, I smile as I approach him.

"Hi! Mr. Harris assigned me to VIP tonight," I greet him, he doesn't move and my smile falters a bit. "It's my first day, is this the right area?" I ask and point to the stairs behind him. He glances down at clipboard, flipping to a back page.

"Name?" he asks.

"Rebbie." I state and he nods.

"Looks like he just added you. I need to search you." He says and I raise my eyebrows.

"Search me?" I look down at my tight dress, "For what?" I ask.

"Anything. All staff in VIP are searched." He says, "Stand over here." He directs me to stand just off to the side, facing the wall. I extend my arms out and he slides his rough hands over my body. When he slides his hands up my stomach, cupping just under my breasts, he lingers a beat before sliding out and around my ribs. I just roll my eyes and sigh. When he moves over my hips, he makes sure to squeeze my ass and I twist out of his grip and glare at him. He just smirks. "Just being thorough, bella."

Yeah, sure you are.

"Alright, head on up. Walk all the way to the back, you'll get your assignments from there." He unlatches the rope and I strut past him and climb the stairs. The mezzanine area overlooks the dance floor, tall round booths and sitting areas line one wall and a smaller drink station is positioned in the back. Along the other wall are several frosted glass doors where security guards are currently hovering. I spot Harris by the drink station talking to another waitress with long onyx black hair and full pouty lips. She flips her hair over her shoulder and smiles up at Harris, batting her fake eyelashes up at him. He seems bored with her flirting and when he turns his head away from her and spots me the interest sparks back into his eyes.

"Rebbie!" He calls to me in a thunderous voice and motions with a flick of his hand to me to come over. "Angelica, this is Rebbie. She's working VIP tonight, I want you to show her what to do." He instructs her. I smile at Angelica but she just narrows her eyes a bit at me and looks back to Harris.

"No problem." She smiles at him with sickly sweetness, her words rolling off her tongue in a heavy Spanish accent. He nods in approval and turns back to me.

"I've got some business associates coming in tonight, I've reserved the private room for them. Make sure they're happy and keep their drinks filled." He instructs and turns back to Angelica and gives her some instructions in Spanish.

"Mr. Vega will be in tonight, maybe see if he wants some extra attention." He tells her. "Keep them happy, but keep it discreet. I don't want to catch you on your knees in the bathroom again." She pouts and narrows her eyes a bit.

"¿How am I supposed to keep him happy if I'm babysitting this one?" She asks

"You don't need to hold her hand all night. Have her run the drinks and focus on my guests." He says. She pouts and looks at me out of the corner of her eye quickly. I give her a small confused smile.

"¿Where did you find this white girl, anyway?" she asks, "I could have handled the floor by myself."

"¡Don't start your jealous, bullshit!" he growls, "Just keep Vega happy." She looks contrite for a moment but then stands a little straighter and folds her arms under her ample breasts.