[11] interview

11

grant sat in the plush blue chair across from the interviewer. his makeup was done, his mic wires were set up, and he was good to go. with a quick glance, he checked his phone for any more of ainsley's messages or the notifications he turned on for all of her tweets, but there was nothing.

"let me guess, ainsley?" carlos asked from grant's side. grant looked to his side at one of his best friends.

"what about her?" grant asked.

carlos smiled lightly, shaking his head. "you don't stop talking to her."

"well, that's how friends are made," grant laughed softly, his gaze dropping to the ground.

"are you sure you just want to be friends with ainsley?" carlos whispered.

"did you say ainsley?" the interviewer asked as she walked by the boys to her chair. "as in your fan turned friend, ainsley grey? is there something going on there?"

grant bit his lip so hard he was afraid it might bleed. he leaned back in his chair, caught off guard by the interviwer's question.

"wait, don't answer that just yet," the interviewer smiled, "we should start recording first." grant's eyes went wide, but carlos laughed loudly.

grant tuned out the turning on of the camera's, too busy focusing on how to answer the question. wasn't this supposed to be an interview about the flash?

"so, grant," the interviewer gave him a warming smile, "first things first, your fangirls want to know your relationship status. lately we've been seeing mysterious tweets and a bit of flirting between you and a girl named ainsley grey. do you have anything to tell us?"

"ainsley's a friend." grant said flatly, with a shrug, "and i thought this interview was about what's coming up on the flash." he offered back one of his killer smiles, wanting the subject to change already.

"just a friend?" carlos mumbled, looking at him.

"i've never actually met her before," grant continued, laughing awkwardly. "but i don't know, she's really nice and i like talking to her." he scratched the back of his neck, wondering if ainsley would ever see this.

"and she's beautiful," the interviewer added.

"uh, yeah, she is," grant agreed, a small smile playing at his lips. "i mean, she's really, really pretty. but, oh, i don't know. are people allowed to have fan crushes?" everyone's eyes were on grant, carlos' and the interviewer's and every crew member around.

grant's body slumped as he shook his head, feeling his cheeks heat up. "did i really just say that?"

"i think it's allowed," the interviewer smirked quickly.

"so you do like her," carlos grinned.

"i think there's just... potential," grant sighed, putting emphasis on potential. he wrung his hands together in defeat. he had admitted to potentially liking a fan he didn't even know to an interviewer and carlos. carlos was all for respecting privacy between people and their fans, but he knew from grant's first interaction with ainsley that things were different. and now he knew things were definitely different.

great, grant thought.