[78] after party

78

the night so far was amazing. grant's arm was wrapped around my shoulder, holding me tightly as we made our way through the crowd of people. the party was all out, completed with dazzling celebrities and twinkling lights.

grant's friends were all sweet and kind to me. it felt unreal to be here, with this handsome man by my side.

"hey," grant smiled, looking down at me. we were standing by the wall, grant leaning over me. we were ignoring everyone else, lost in our own little conversation. "can i talk to you?"

"we've been talking," i teased, smiling at him.

"come on, ains, there's something i want to really talk to you about," grant said, licking his lips. he grabbed my hand, leading me through the party.

"what's going on?" i laughed, following him curiously.

"just come with me." he led me out of the main area, pulling me into the hallway outside. i could hear the music still thumping from across the building, and my heart was still pounding loudly with exhilaration of the party.

he stopped short suddenly, his hand squeezing mine. we were in the middle of the hallway, and i couldn't imagine why he'd drag me here, or what he wanted to tell me.

grant turned, looking to me with wide eyes, "wait, turn around. wrong way. silly me."

"what?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows. he was acting weird - weirder than usual, that was.

"turn around," he said again.

i narrowed my eyes, shaking my head. he was being ridiculous and strange. "uh, no," i frowned. i looked past him, my eyes only settling on what he was trying to shield me from for a second.

i saw kyle and lucy ahead, lips locked lightly. their hands moved up and down each other's bodies as they were pressed against the wall. i stepped back, my hand slipping from grant's. what happened to not actually liking lucy?

"oh," i breathed. i stepped right past grant, heading right for kyle and lucy. i wanted to get out of here, out of this building. and the only way out was past these two.

i brushed past the couple, my arm hitting against kyle's as i walked by. their lips unlocked for a moment, both pair of eyes settling on me.

"good to see it's all still for publicity," i muttered.

"ainsley?" i heard kyle's voice, but i didn't turn to see him.

"ainsley!" i heard grant's this time, as well as footsteps after me.

but i didn't look back. not for kyle, not for grant.