List of conditions

Chapter 2

Watching my dad pace the room looking stressed out, I tried not to laugh as my mom stood smiling and winked at me.

"Why did I make that deal, oh yeah I thought you would be older when you kicked Marcus' s ass, how could you lose" he glared at a smirking Marcus.

"How could I win, have you tried to fight your daughter lately, she is a hard ass, like her mother" Marcus defended himself.

"Do you know what high school will be like for you, your nearly eighteen and a seducer, you will have boys throwing themselves at you, it's bad enough with the guards without adding hormonal teenage boys into the mix" Dad said seriously as a snigger escaped mom'  s lips and dad turned to look at her shocked.

"What, Damien you do realise our daughter could kick everyone of their asses if they touched her, I know I didn't have the best experience in high school but it will be different for Ruby" she tried reassuring him.

"Okay, if you want to go to High School, then I have a few conditions" he said with a smirk.

This can't be good if he is smirking.

"Okay, what are they? " I asked cautiously.

"You will have to have four guards accompany you everyday, there is no way you are going to High school unprotected, you will have two of the younger ones attend school with you and two of the older ones will be there as teacher's, I just have to find a school first, you are home at a decent time everyday and you call us on your break to let us know your okay" he said more relaxed now.

"Dad, four guards are you serious, you might not even get them in as teacher's, does any of them know the first thing about teaching? " I said shocked at his conditions.

"Yes, there are one or two, we can just wing it for now, you only have a month of school before the summer and this will give us a chance to get fully organised for when you go to college" he smiled.

"Fine, I agree, but don't let them embarrass me, please" I begged, I don't want to be laughed at on my first day.

"Good, I will check school's now and organise which guards are going, come on Marcus you can help seen this is your fault for getting your ass kicked again" Dad glared.

Marcus followed my dad but sent a smile and wink my way before he left. I looked at mom who started laughing.

"Your dad was such a bad ass when I met him, nothing scared him, but the thought of his daughter going to High School scares him and sends him into a panic, I think he forgets how strong the women in his life are" Mom said smiling.

"Was high school really that bad for you mom" I asked a little worried now.

"It was honey, but that's because I kept to myself, everyone could sense I was dangerous. I was human with barely any control over my gift, if one of them touched my skin they would have died instantly but your different, you have control over your gifts, but your father is right about one thing, human boys are going to be affected worse by your gift than vampires and you could also end up meeting other supernaturals that might not be too happy about your presence, mainly werewolves. I haven't met any but that doesn't mean you won't. You will need to be careful around them, their very temperamental and become aggressive easy. Your stronger though so if it comes to a fight kick their asses so hard they will be scared to even look at you again" she said with a wicked grin.

"I was expecting you to say walk away or let the guards deal with them not kick their asses, but I like your idea better" I said mimicking her grin.

"Just don't tell your father I told you to that, how about we go shopping and get you new clothes and pick up a few bits for aunt Lily along the way" she suggested.

"Yeah thank you" I beamed.

"I'm finished for the day so I will just get a quick shower and we're ready to go, we may pick you up a phone aswell, so you can ring us, I won't be long" she said walking to her room.

Half an hour later we're sitting in my moms car heading out the manors gate and towards the nearest town. We parked in the nearest mall' s car park. We got out and walked towards the entrance. We weren't in there five minutes when every man and boy were looking at us with lust filled eyes.

"See what I mean, it affects humans stronger" she said.

Looking around, I could see all their reactions, if this is what it's like here, school is going to be worse.

"Yeah you are right mom" I answered.

We went into every store, buying new jeans, top, tank top, dresses, shirts, shoes, bags, accessories and my new phone. I looked at my watch and realised we have been shopping for over three hour's. We walked back to the car loaded up with bags and put them into the boot, lucky one of the boys working in the last shop offered to help us with our bags, mom thanked him as he dropped our bags into the boot.

"Been a seducer has its advantages too" she winked.

We got back to the manor and started bringing in our bags, putting my ones in my room and moms few in her room. I could hear the front door open and popped my head out to find dad and Marcus walking in. Mom and I walked out to the kitchen to meet them.

"We have got your school sorted and two teaching job sealed, Mark and Rhys are going to be teaching at your school" he said as I looked at him dumbfounded. Mom on the other hand burst out laughing.

"Really Damien, the two biggest children are going to teach, what are they teaching" she asked when she stopped laughing.

"English and History" Marcus said trying to hold in his laughter. But mom didn't, she broke out into a fit of giggles as dad glared at her only making laugh more.

"What, I said we'll wing it, just have to figure out a teaching plan to make them look like they know what their talking about" he said sheepishly.

"Okay looks like you will be doing homework along with Ruby" Mom said.

"Your helping too, you got good grades in school" he smirked at mom.

"Great, we're all going back to school" she scowled at dad.

"Who are the two coming to school with me and what school is it? " I asked.

"Two new guards are going with you, Jack and Michael and your new school is Jackson high school, you start tomorrow, me and your mom have to go with you to sort out some paperwork for you, Jack and Michael, as far as everyone knows are your cousin's. There are some other supernaturals there but don't worry about them, all they will know is your a vampire they don't know your a royal and we need to keep it that way for your safety" Dad explained.

"Okay, I can manage that" I smiled getting excited at finally going to High school instead of been home schooled.

"I still can't believe you picked Mark and Rhys, at least your days won't be boring with them two" Mom said shaking her head.

Dad went over his conditions once more and put his, mom's ,Marcus and Amelias numbers into my phone. After him and Marcus gave me a full warning on hormonal boys and how to handle them by the time they were finished, it was late. I dragged myself up from the chair and into my room. I stripped off and put my pj's on and climbed into bed, nerves and excitement bubbled in my stomach. I might even find my mate, I can already feel him out there.