Bonds

Chapter 9

Waking up, everything from last night ran through my head again. Is today going to be the day they make their move. Each time I have sensed him, he has managed to get closer. It's seems like I'm the only one to feel his presence when he is around. I dragged myself out of bed and put on navy high waisted shorts and a white strapless top. White wooden wedges with laces that wrap around my ankles. I put on the chain mom gave me. I put three fishtail braids at the top of my hair and joined them together at the left side of my head. I let the rest of my hair flow down in loose curls. I grabbed my bag and navy blazer. Mom and dad were already training, their upping the guards patrols to make sure neither Kyle or the boy with him can get that close again. I took mom's key's off the counter and walked outside to her car. I started the car and pumped Watchtower by Devlin through the speaker's. I drove out of the manor and towards school.

                                  Pulling into the car park I noticed for the first time the wolves weren't glaring at me. They looked towards me but that was it. Maybe they have finally realised that I'm not going to be intimidated by them and the fact I can kick that alphas ass all day long and not get tired or bored. Getting out of the car I noticed a smiling Amara walking towards me.

"Hey, what has you looking so happy?" I smiled.

"Gabriel is going to back off, I think getting his ass kicked for the first time in his life and twiced in the one week has really dented his ego enough that he doesn't want it to happen again" she smiled.

"I was wondering why I didn't get my usual morning glare from him and your pack" I told her.

"That's not even the best part, my birthday is on Saturday, I'm turning eighteen and Gabriel is throwing me a party and he has no problem with you coming, well that's if you want to. The pack know not to mess with you" she said proudly.

"I would love to come, maybe we can go shopping tomorrow to find something to wear for it together if you want" I suggested.

"Really, thank you, I was going to ask you. When we turn eighteen, we can find our mate and shift for the first time. The boys are lucky they get to shift once they hit sixteen. But I want to look beautiful so my mate won't reject me" she frowned.

"There is no way your mate could reject you Amara, your beautiful you don't need any help in that department but we will find you the perfect outfit" I reassured her.

"I hope so, I want my mate to love me for who I am, that my mother leaving to be with her beloved won't change how he see me, Gabriel has even invited our neighbouring pack to it so I really need to look good. The girl's in that pack are beautiful but they don't even have a patch on you" she said shyly.

"I'm nothing special Amara, I will help with your hair and make up, so you won't have any need to worry" I smiled bumping her gently with my shoulder as we walked to our lockers.

"Nothing special, Gabriel hates vampire's but yet his eyes alway cloud with lust when he looks at you, hell every boy in the school does, teacher's included and even a few of the girl's" she said raising her voice a little to get her point across.

I couldn't help but giggle at the expression. The rest of the day I spent laughing and joking with Amara. She is funny, sweet and hilarious when she relaxes. I couldn't have asked for a better friend. God love her mate if he rejects her, I have heard about how painful it is to be rejected by your other half and if he puts her through that he is as good as dead. In some way's I wish her mate would be one of our boys. I would know for definite that they wouldn't reject her but then again I can't even be sure that my own mate won't reject me. The last bell of the day went off and walked to my locker to get my bag. I pulled out my phone and checked it. I did a little happy dance right then and there when I read a message from Marcus telling me he is now the proud father of a boy who is a sure to be heartbreaker, like his daddy. His words not mine. I tapped on the attachment to his message and a picture of a gorgeous little boy came up on my screen. He is absolutely adorable, definitely going to be a heart breaker. The message underneath told me his name. They called him Cody. Looks like I have some shopping to do.