Chapter Seventeen

This stunning banner was made by littlemissgemini224 Thank you this, it's amazing! (:

I've received an absolutely mind blowing amount of beautiful banners from the talented people I call my readers. You guys are amazing!

Unfortunately, I'm closing banner submissions down for awhile. I'm struggling to find space for people, since a receive so many daily.

I hope to open them up later, by for now, they will be closed.

However, I'm opening banner submissions up for Malik, for a limited time! Send them in, you're bound to see it on a chapter there, when I post it 1st of February.

Thank you everyone, I am extremely grateful for every single banner and art I receive (:

Word Count: 2324

~Thea

It was raining when I woke up again.

The window of my bedroom gave me a decent view of the forest. The branches of those pine trees swayed gently in the wind, suggesting a storm was rolling in, much to my dismay. Lately, I have been sick of dreary weather like this.

The rain battered the window, as I changed. My clothing situation is starting to become an issue. Perhaps I need to harass Jasper into taking me shopping, since I only brought a few articles. Or maybe a washing machine would suffice.

Wandering downstairs, I find Jasper was sitting in his living room, reading. He glanced up from the novel the moment I stepped into the room, before I closed it slowly.

"Good morning," he says warmly, setting the book down on the arm of the chair.

"What are you reading?" I ask, nodding at the book. I wish I still read as much as I used to, and by the looks of the amount of books Jasper owns, maybe he will let me borrow a few. And looking at the state of this town, I may just have a lot more time to read.

Jasper holds the book up again. "A mystery novel. Those are my favourite."

Maybe he likes mystery books so much because he is one. Every time I look at him, I am caught up in his eyes. The violet in his eyes must be a side effect of being a Phantom Wolf. Still, I haven't questioned him much about the Wolves I spent most of my believing didn't exist.

We ended up talking more about the book, while Jasper tried to find me something to eat. Apparently he needed to go shopping for more food or something, which almost seemed too domestic for an Alpha to be saying.

"He's been in love with her for many years, and a string of murders in their small town brings them closer together..." Jasper explains, as we still discuss the book.

I watch him pull out a cartoon of milk, check the expiry date, before dumping it into the sink.

"That's ridiculous," I comment, resting my chin on my hands. "Things like that never happen."

Jasper smiles softly, as he closes the fridge. Obviously he hasn't found anything for us for breakfast. Not that I minded that much, since I can't say I am very hungry. My snack from midnight has filled me up enough.

"Well, it is fiction," Jasper muses.

Suddenly any chance of our conversation continuing was stolen as Tayten wandered into the room. Almost immediately, Jasper sighed at her presence. She was holding something in her hand-an envelope of some sort.