Chapter Twenty

This stunning banner was made by Meghan_Billis_ so thank you so much for this, I love it! (:

Banner submissions for Jasper are closed for now, however, you may send in your banners to Midika36@gmail.com for the release of Alpha Malik!

Word Count: 1927

~Thea

We made it back to Jasper's car, a silence stretching between us.

With him by my side, not a single person even glanced at me, let alone snuck me a sly comment, or grabbed at me. Jasper was like a walking wall of security, ensuring unknowingly, that no one tried anything with me.

"Where did you go?" Jasper decides to ask, once we are in his car, drowning out most of the street noise and tacky shop music.

I made the decision moments ago not to tell him about the man in the alleyway, or the man in the bar. Both were creepy and something I want to forget, and never have to deal with again in my life. This Pack is too much for me, and I want out right now.

"Just a bar to think. I overreacted about my Uncle, or lack thereof. I just don't understand who would do that," I say, my comment making Jasper sigh. Even though I can't read minds, It is fairly obvious that Jasper wonders the same thing.

Clearly, someone had used magic to find where I was staying with Jasper, and send a note that would make me set off on a false idea that my Uncle actually did exist. He doesn't, and now I am left wondering why someone would do that. And more importantly, who?

I just have to hope that Jasper has enough magic to keep them away.

"I have some questions," I say, as Jasper pulls back onto the bustling road, between swerving cars and bustling trucks. Every time I bring up the want to know more about him, he gets a little nervous, as if he is hiding a secret that can never be revealed.

I breathe in. "In the Devotion Pack, there was a storm. When I went out to find my friends dog, was that you on the path that lead me back to her house?"

It was a simple question that had been one of the many that has been bothering me for the entire time I've known him. Especially since that moment has never been explained, and now I know Jasper was planning for me to escape the entire time he was there, it would be nice to know if he was the reason behind it.

"I couldn't let you get lost out there, could I?" he says casually, a slight smile on his face.

Looking down, I smother my own smile. "What happened to my dad. Not that I really should care, but I would like to know if you were behind his disappearance."

"He was in the way. I kept him someone secure, although I am sure Luca would have found him by now."

The fact that he is referring to Luca by his name now, instead of my boyfriend is a relief. Just the thought of once trusting him, of once sharing a bed with him makes me shiver uncomfortably. Shaking my head, I try convince myself I didn't know, that anyone would have fallen for the exact same thing.

"Why Casper?" I question.

His brows furrow, as he cast a glance at me. "Sorry?"

"Why the name Casper?" I reiterate, a slight ounce of humour in my voice. "I mean, I wasn't going to figure out who you were, since you really shouldn't be alive right now, but could you have made it any more obvious to someone who doesn't think rationally?"

He chuckles, finally catching on to what I was talking about. "You put me on the spot. I hadn't thought about what my fake name would be. Why does it matter, would you rather my name have been Grant, or Dave?"