A GRAND WEDDING

A GRAND WEDDING

Decked up like a beautiful bride, The Elysian, one of the lavish seven star hotel of the city, was buzzing with people.

Golden fairy lights, adorning the grand building, twinkled like the stars and fragrance of roses and lilies floated in the air as the hubbub of laughter and chattering surrounded the hotel premises.

A great number of journalists and paparazzi had surrounded the façade of the hotel to collect all the information they could possibly get their hands on. Cameras were flashing continuously to capture each and every little moment and detail of the most awaited wedding of the year. All the media person were waiting eagerly to get a glimpse of the couple who were, at the moment, taking the marital vows in the wedding hall of the hotel.

The atmosphere of the hall where the wedding was taking place was no different from the outside. All the relatives and friends of the bride and groom were enjoying the rituals, the youngsters were busy in clicking selfies while the children were busy in themselves, playing around.

In the centre of the grand hall stood a spectacular mandap ;  splendidly decorated with white and pink tulips. Family members were standing around the mandap and in the centre of the mandap was sitting a couple whose marriage rituals were being performed. 

Garbed in an ivory achkan with detailed work and churidar, the groom looked debonair and handsome ; but, all the eyes were set on the bride, who looked nothing less than royalty in her fiery red embroidered lehenga, keeping her makeup subtle and carrying it well with a statement polkhi neckpiece, matha patti and a nose ring. Both exuded grace and elegance and were complimenting well each other. 

The priest was chirping holy mantras. Everybody was looking so happy except one person i.e. the groom himself. Instead of happiness, his face was showing an expression of arrogance with a little hint of a sexy smirk but no one paid any attention to it because it was normal for the people who knew him well. 

After all the rituals were done, the priest asked the groom and bride to take the seven vows around the holy fire. Hearing this, the groom's smirk widened. 

"Because of you I lost my brother, and now you'll have to bear the consequences of your mistake. I promise that I'll make your life a living hell! You'll beg for your death but I'll keep torturing and hurting you in the ways you can't even imagine. I'll destroy you and your life!" the groom pledged as the only vow of the marriage. 

After the vows were taken, the groom filled the bride's parting red with the vermillion and tied the mangalsutra around her neck. "Welcome to the hell, wifey," he whispered in an inaudible voice. 

After the bride and groom took the blessings of their elders, they ambled towards the exit door to greet the media awaiting them outside. As people saw them coming out of the wedding hall, the commotion increased and everyone stared curiously at the emerging couple. Cameras were flashing continuously to capture a glimpse of the couple. 

Soon the couple was standing in front of the media, surrounded by the bodyguards. The groom waved his hand and was wearing his usual smirk with arrogance while the bride was smiling beautifully. She folded her hands together to greet the media people.

"Congratulations Mr Raichand! Finally, you found the girl of your dreams!" said a journalist to which he just shook his head in affirmation.

"We would love if Mr & Mrs Raichand could pose for our cameras!" said another journalist. Hearing this, the bride turned crimson while the groom's face contorted and he clenched his fists.

He didn't move an inch or tried to pose for the pictures. Instead, he stood folding his arms across his chest, a little away from his newly wedded wife. 

"Why are you standing so far from your wife?" shouted a girl from the crowd. "At least, hold her hand. She is your lawfully wedded wife," she joked. 

He blinked his eyes and held, actually gripped his wife's hand and pressed his fingers on her wrist so hard, almost digging his nails into her wrist. She felt uneasy as it was hurting her and looked at her husband who was looking at the camera, purposely avoiding her. She tried to release her wrist from his tight grip but all attempts went in vain as his grip was too strong. 

After posing some more for the cameras, they turned and walked to the back gate of the hotel, where the cars were waiting to take them to their destination.

It was only after they reached near the gate, he released her wrist and a bruise had already started to form. The bride had tears in her eyes as she rubbed the bluish- black mark to ease out to the pain but it did little to soothe her burning skin.

As their family members approached them, she quickly hid her wrist for she didn't want her parents to get worried. Hugging her parents one last time, she bid them goodbye as her mother-in-law walked up to her. 

She walked to the car with her mother-in-law beside her and looked at her parents and family with tears in her eyes before slipping into a car.

The bride was sent to her new home with a chauffeur while the groom left for his office, leaving everyone shocked by his behaviour.

_______________________________________
——————————————————

Edited ~

Guys, if you liked the story, do vote, comment and share. Show some love, people!!

PS: I've attached the pictures of the bride and groom's look for the wedding in the media box for your reference. They, by no mean, are the people I've chosen to play my protagonists. Don't get confused by them :)

#HappyReading #BeHappyAndMakeOthersHappyToo