Part Three

I wake up to a knock at the door. Yoko's already up and ran to get it. It's surprising Sean hasn't woke up yet.

"Is Mr Lennon at home?" A serious voice asks.
"Erm.. yes he is. Let me go and wake him. You go and make you self comfortable in the living room."

Footsteps trail to the door of the bedroom as I hear a knock. Yoko's head pokes out of the door.

"John, a policemans here. Please say you haven't done anything even if you have, we don't need the police involved in our lives John."

I smile to myself. Yoko always thinks I've done something stupid.

"I haven't done anything I'm sure it's just a routine visit love. Don't worry."

She doesn't look convinced. In all fairness I'm not too convinced. Yoko goes to make sure Sean is ok while I walk into the living room.

"Mr Lennon. It appears you were very lucky last night. A man named Mark David Chapman had a gun on him. He shot a man in the leg because he didn't know which building you lived in. After a brief investigation we believe his intention was to shoot you last night. Now we don't know whether he wanted to kill you and Yoko or harm you yet but..."

I started to zone out. A man tried to murder me. I nearly died on 8th December 1980.