Part Four

Yoko talked to the policemen until it was time for them to go. They all assumed I was in shock. I was. All that was going through my head was that I'd never speak to Julian again. Or Paul, George and Ritchie. Now that I think of it there's so many people I'd like to spend more time with.

Sean comes in and I tell him a mean man tried to hurt daddy but there's no need to worry. He watches cartoons while Yoko makes him some pasta. I pretend to be interested in my guitar but I just play a couple songs to keep my mind off things. I play oh Yoko!, give peace a chance and just like starting over. There's a couple songs I've just wrote but I don't feel like playing them now.

"Daddy." I look up from my guitar.
"Sean?"
"Why would someone want to hurt you, I like you."
Suddenly it hit me. Sean would be crushed if I died. He wouldn't understand that some people are just mad. He'd be so upset.

I ask Yoko and Sean to give me some space for a while I get my head straight. I was going to die. Why did I live? Did my mum look out for me? What will Mimi think when she hears all this? I've got to call her. And Cynthia too, I need to speak to Jules more. What about George? We're getting closer again. Plus he's perfect in these situations.

Before all this there's one person I've got to speak to. Paul.