stressed||G

a/n: hi hello my people i know it's been a long time since i've updated but i'm here now so here, enjoy this lil thang i wrote which was inspired by my friend Kim lmao (@dolansalute on twitter)
•••
I'm still sitting on my bed with the textbook open to the same page that I opened it to three hours ago. Turns out studying something you know nothing about is more difficult than I thought it would be. Math has never been my strong suit and the fact that this was the most important test of the semester made my head pound.

I hear the front door open and shut, followed by familiar shuffles of foot steps. Grayson. He calls out from the kitchen to see if I'm home.

"In the bedroom", I half yell, half groan. I let out a loud sigh as I hear him rummaging through the fridge. He's getting home from a late shift so he's probably getting his usual midnight snack. Just as I suspected, he comes into my room with not one but two peanut butter and banana sandwiches. He hands one of them to me as he sits on the edge of the bed. I mumble a soft "thank you" and pull off a small piece.

"Have you eaten anything since I left?"

"Yeah, I had some cereal this morning", I said pointing over to the half eaten bowl of Lucky Charms.

He reaches over to me to take my hand into his. I look down at our intertwined fingers and feel the corner of my mouth curl up into a faint smile. He softly lets go and closes the textbooks that still lie in front of me.

"It's almost midnight. You should try and get some sleep so you're ready for this test.", he said taking another bite of his sandwich.

"I won't be ready no matter how much sleep I get. I have no idea what I was thinking taking this course. I don't know a single thing that's going on.", I say rubbing my temples.

He lifts my chin up with the side of his index finger. "You look exhausted. Both of us should go to sleep." Maybe it was how he said or the fact that I knew just how tiring his job really is, but I nod my head and stand up and make my way to the bathroom.

I flip the light on and pause to look at myself in the mirror. He's right, I look beat. And I am stressed. Honestly if he wasn't in my life I don't know how I would take care of myself. I begin to brush my teeth but I'm rudely interrupted by Grayson barging in and rushing over to the toilet. Living with him is great, but having only one bathroom makes it a little difficult to do hygiene stuff. I'm confused to see that he's still standing in front of the toilet until he raises his eyebrows at the sink. I roll my eyes and turn the water on. He has this thing about other people hearing him peeing so he always makes me have other noises. I finish up and head back to the bedroom. I grab a hair tie off the night stand and pull my hair into a messy top knot. I glance over to see Grayson leaning against the door frame.

"What?"

"Nothing, I'm just thinking about how lucky I am to have you." I cringe at his overly soft comment. He's usually not like this; neither of us are. I know that he loves me but we're definitely not that  couple.

"Literally shut up.", I say as he walks up behind me to wrap his arms around me. He looks at me in the reflection of the vanity mirror before trailing the side of my neck with gentle kisses.  I slightly squirm under his hold until he lets me go. "Sorry, babe. Not really in the mood tonight."

I've been on my period for the past couple days, so I couldn't get freaky even if I wanted to. He knows that, too so I'm not sure why he tried. I choose one of Grayson's t shirts from the closet and shimmy out of my bra and sweatpants. At this point, the only thing that would calm my nerves is some wine and maybe a bucket of chocolate. As if he was reading my mind, Grayson comes back into the room with a glass of red liquid and two unopened cases of Hershey's kisses.

"I had a feeling you'd be like this, so I bought you some girly shit." I try to hide the slight smirk on my lips. I got this boy wrapped around my finger. I climb into bed beside him and give him a small kiss on his cheek. I take a sip of the wine and almost fall out of the bed when I realize which one it was.

"You opened the Cheval Blanc?? I thought we were going to save it for something worth while?"

"Any night with you is worth while", He says as he brings the back of my hand up to his lips.

"Okay you seriously need to stop with all the mushy-gushy shit." We both burst out into little bits of giggles. "But actually, why did you open it? It's one of the most expensive bottles we own."

He pauses to think while also taking a sip out of his glass. "Well, because I knew the cheap Costco wine wouldn't do it for you. Had to break out the good stuff."

I get situated under the top layer of the blankets and he does the same. I reach over to the night stand and grab both of the bags of chocolates. I give one to him before digging into mine. It's not too long before we've emptied our wine glasses and have little silver wrappers all over the covers. I could tell I was starting to relax because the smallest things Grayson did would cause me to laugh until I cried or snorted. Or both. I bunched up all the chocolate wrappers and shoved them into the wine glasses. I'll throw them out in the morning. I sink more into the blankets and look up to Grayson.

"You know that you're quite a handsome man, right? You, Grayson Bailey Dolan... you are, my apple's eye", I say before giggling like the intoxicated fool I am.

"It's apple of my eye, babe. But thank you. You're not too bad yourself." I rest my heavy head on his shoulder and close my even heavier eyelids. My breathing becomes more steady and I feel myself start to doze off. I open my eyes one more time to look up to him. "I love you."

He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and re-positions himself so that our bodies fit beside each other. "And I love you." The rise and fall of his chest makes going to sleep seem a lot more safe. I feel his thumb and index finger start to make small circles on the fabric of the t shirt I'm wearing and my nerves are finally settled. I take a deep breath before he kisses the top of my head.

"Go to sleep, princess. You gotta be rested for when you kick some mid term ass tomorrow." He reaches over and flips the light switch off and settles back into the covers. And with that we both drift into sleep with only our warm bodies and steady breathing to keep us company.
•••

a/n: I hope you guys enjoyed it!! It's definitely different from what I usually post. Don't forget to share + vote! :)