~1~

Isabelle's POV

"What do you mean I can't?" I asked my parents. I had just told them all of the tortures I go through in school and about my brother, Josh, taking part in it. I had asked them if I could go live with family out in California and they still declined, "we're sorry Isabelle but you can't just pick up and leave like this" "I could go in a few days or I could be home schooled!" I tried to reason "no, I think you should stay at this school, we'll all miss you way to much" my brother told me. I looked up to him only to be met with his stone cold glare that was gone before my parents saw. I looked down in defeat and walked up to my room and went to sleep.

- - -

I woke up to rain splattering on my window, after a few minutes of lying there, staring at the ceiling, I decided to get out of bed and find an outfit for today. I eventually chose a baggy grey t-shirt tucked into a pair of light washed blue jeans and my black high top converse, I didn't bother with make up but put a black beanie on my brushed hair, grabbed my bag that I packed the night before and left my room.

I decided to walk to school today (I like the rain okay?) so I grabbed my umbrella and headed out the door since my parents had already gone to work and Josh was still sleeping.

Once I got to school, I walked in the front door and kept my head down all the way to my locker when I got stares and whispers, I started walking to my first class which I shared with Zach. I used to be overjoyed that I got my first period with him but that was before, you know, the bullying. I got tripped, pushed and cursed at before i finally made it to my classroom door. I found my seat near the back and quietly read my book until the teacher started the lesson.

Once class was over, I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible but of course, Zach had other plans. "Oh Isabellaaaaaa" he said holding out the 'a' sound I closed my eyes for a second and whispered "it's Isabelle" too quiet for him to hear, and kept walking until I felt a hard tug at the collar of my shirt. I slowly looked behind me to see the three boys looking down at me, Bennett being the one holding my collar. I sighed and squeaked out "let me go" now they looked amused "what?" Bennett asked with a taunting tone to his voice "I said to let me go" I told them, more confident now. They looked as shocked as I was with my sudden confidence. They just put on their blank faces and tossed me on the ground and walked away. I lay there for a minute on the dirty school floor and thought 'what the heck just happened?'

- - -

I decided to go home for the rest of the day since I was still sore from what had happened this morning.

Once I got home I had an idea, as long as I had this new found confidence, maybe I could do something with it. I called my cousin Sierra who may or may not be the most badass person I know who happens to live in Los Angles, California. I told her all about whats been going on and about Andrew, Bennett, Zach, and Josh and how my parents responded when I told them everything and about what happened this morning. She decided - yes 'she' not 'we' - that I would come live with her in LA for the next year or so. She told me that we would meet at the gas station which wasn't too far from my house, and she would text me when to come. I hung up and almost squealed in delight. I was finally getting out of here! I did have to pack a bag so I grabbed my headphones, phone charger, my phone of course, some extra clothes, and my toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, that kind of thing) and put them all into my backpack, I also wrote a quick note to my parents saying that I went to live with Sierra for a while and that I'd be back soon.

- - -

6 hours later

Sierra just texted me that she was about fifteen minutes from Portland so I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door. Thank goodness my parents were working late and Josh was at his friends' house.

I was right about to get to the station when I felt someone was watching me, so I turned around and when no one was there, I just shrugged it off and kept walking.

I had to wait about 5 minutes for Sierra to get here but when she did she arrived in a sleek black Ferrari that i didn't even know she had. She emerged from her beautiful car and smiled when her eyes landed on me, she ran towards me and engulfed me in a hug "hey little cuz" she squealed "hey Sia" i responded with the same enthusiasm as my cousin, "ok lets head home! The guys are waiting" she told me as she took my arm around her own, I just smiled and climbed into the passenger seat and sierra started driving.

Goodbye Portland.

- - -

Josh's POV

Me, Andrew, Zach, and Bennett were all hanging out in Andrews basement playing GTA when we started to get hungry for junk food and since Andrew didn't have any in his house, we decided together that I would run to the store to get some stuff using Bennett's money of course 'cause that guys loaded while the other three of us are broke.. So that's why. Anyway, I was almost at the store when I noticed someone else going where I was, I didn't think much of it since it wasn't that late, so I continued on walking. A couple of minutes later I noticed something very familiar about the person and then it clicked, the mysterious person was Isabelle! What was she doing? I followed her to a gas station which was near our house and she stopped, waited a few minutes until a very familiar car pulled up. Crap! Its our cousin Sierras car! Sierra got out of the drivers seat and went to hug Isabelle, they were talking to each other but I couldn't make out what they were saying. Eventually they both got into the car and went back in the direction Sierra came from.

After the car was out of sight I ran back to Andrew's house completely forgetting about the food.

In a matter of minutes I was finally back at the house, I entered and ran down the stairs to where the guys were waiting. Before I could open my mouth to start explaining, Zach beat me to it.

"Hey bro, what took so long" he asked before he was met by my glare "I was about to tell you" he let out a nervous chuckle and looked down at his feet, I rolled my eyes "anyway, I have something important to tell you guys, its abou-" "c'mon buddy spit it out" "maybe if you would let me" I growled at him. "Its about Isabelle, shes gone" Drew (Andrew) snorted "why should we care about her?" "because she was picked up by our cousin Sierra" "and that means--" Zach drawled out "It matters because Sierra is the second in command at NTM"